Chapter 15

Kyle’s P.O.V

It’s been a week since Bree slipped into a coma. All of us, Rage, Hayden, Parker, Jacob, and me, have all been really bummed and kind of depressed lately. Bree may come across as a mean, bad ass chick, she is sweet and funny, always entertaining us. Without her here we end up just sitting in one of the three room just staring at a TV or playing a random video game, like right now.

“Yay, I won. Again.” Rage said in a mono-tone, throwing the controller to me. I caught it easily and pressed play.

“Guys, we need to get out for awhile. This is going to make us go crazy.” Jacob sighed, running his hands through his hair.

I hit pause, “Your right. Let’s go to the park or something, seeing as it is a Saturday afternoon.”

“Then it’s settled, let’s go!” Hayden smiled and stood up, turning the TV off. We all followed suit and walked out the door. Nobody really talked, like usual, just a few comments here and there or saying hi to somebody in the hallway. It was really starting to get depressing.

“Let’s take my car, it’s a convertable.” Jacob said as we walked out of the school and to the parking lot. He threw the keys to me.

“Dude, how do you have a car?” Rage asked smirking.

“That’s kinda why I’m here, got caught driving without a license, but I have a fake I.D.” He shrugged. We all just nodded our head’s in acknowledgement. I hopped into the driver seat, Jacob got shotgun, and the other three hoped in the back. I pulled out of the parking lot and sped down the road.

“So where are we going?” I asked, just to get their opinion.

“Park.” Every said in unison.

“So the park!” I cheered, trying to be more happy then I had been in the past week.

A few turns later, we were at the local park. It was you average park, swing, a jungle gym, monkey bars, swings, teeter totters, the whole nine yards.

“I call the swings!” Hayden and Jacob yelled running past everyone to get on the swings.

“I call monkey bars.” Parker smiled a little and walked over to the monkey bars. He’s been taking this the hardest because after Bree wakes up, he’s ending it with her.

“You guys are so immature, I’M GOING ON THE SLIDE!” he yelled the last part of the sentence. Obviously he was immature too, but I wasn’t going to burst his bubble. I walked over the bench and pulled out my sketch pad and pencil.

I took in a deep breath and looked at my surroundings, what to draw, what to draw, what to draw. All of a sudden it hit me!

I knew what I was going to draw.

Rage’s P.o.V

I sat on top of the jungle gym, just lookin’ at everything, trying to take it all in. My best, ish, friend was in the hospital all because then son of a total bastard wants revenge.

I shook my head. No, I couldn’t think those thoughts. We were here to forget about all of that bull shit.

“Why’s your hair green?” A little boy asked.

“Because green is a really cool color.” I replied, with a small smile. Damn, I haven’t smiled in awhile, it kind of hurts.

“But, don’t people make fun of you?” He tilted his head to the side, it was cute.

“No, most people think it’s really cool.” I shrugged, the kid just smiled really big.

“I think its amazing awesome.” He turned around and went down the slide. I smiled at the kid as he waved and walked to his mom. I waved back, his mom gave me a funny look, but I just shrugged it off.