Chapter 20

Bree’s P.O.V (November 10th)

I walked down the corridor, on my way to the lounge. Me and Clay were meeting to work on my project. Before I left Rage, Hayden, Jacob, Parker, and Kyle laid down all the rules, which was annoying as hell; although the rules were pretty fair. They were almost the same as the rules that Kyle made yesterday, so it wasn’t too bad.

“Oh Bree! There you are, I have to talk to you.” Clayton was running down the corridor towards me. His face looked serious, almost panicked.

“Something wrong?” I asked almost scared to hear the answer.

“Kind of, but it’s nothing major. Just a technical difficulty in working on this project. It might not even make a difference to you but, it could. I’m not sure.” He was rambling so I put my hand over his mouth.

“Just get to the point.” I sighed removing my hand.

“Well… Shane’s in the lounge right now and I’ve heard about what happened, so I just thought that you wouldn’t want to be in there with him.” Clayton rubbed the back of his neck, whether because he was nervous or something else, I wasn’t sure.

My heart started to beat faster. Clayton was totally right, I didn’t want to be in the same room as him if I could help it. “Your completely right. I don’t want to be anywhere near him if I can help it.”

“I thought so. So where do you want to work on this then?” He asked, but before I could answer his face lit up. “We can work on my room! My roommates in the nurses office, so we’d have it all to our self.”

“I guess that could work.” I answered slowly. I didn’t want to seem like I didn’t trust him. That would just put the whole plan in jeopardy, but I also didn’t want to break one of the main rules the guys set down.

“Follow me then!” Clayton smiled as he started walking back down the way he came running from. Neither of us talked to whole way to his room. It was an awkward silence, and I almost couldn’t take it anymore.

“Well here we are, sorry for the mess.” Clay laughed a little opening the door to reveal a room almost identical to Kyle or Jacobs rooms. There was a fairly big living area with a two single beds on the far wall, a counter with a coffee maker and mini fridge on it, and on the left hand side of the room a door that led to a bathroom.

“It’s not that messy.” I comment walking over to the couch and sitting down. The room truly wasn’t messy. There was only a few shirts on the floor here and there and the odd pop can, but other than that the room was clean.

“Are you serious?” He asked looking at me like I was crazy.

“yeah?”

“You’re crazy.” He smirked sitting next to me on the couch. I just shook my head.

“So we better start this project.” I stated pulling my note book and pen out of my bag. “First things first. Tell me about yourself. Favourite colors, movies, bands, songs, anything like that.”

Clayton took a deep breath, “My favourite color is dark purple and dark blue, my favourite movie is ‘Fast Five’, my favourite band is Hollywood Undead, but my favourite song is Lollipop by Framing Hanley. I love fall, it’s the best time of the year. Thunderstorms are epic. Halloween and Christmas are my favourite holidays, and popcorn is the best food in the world.”

I quickly wrote that all down in the notebook. As I wrote the thunderstorm thing I grimaced, I hate those things.

“What was that face about?” Clayton asked. His voice laced with worry.