Chapter 14

Hayden's P.O.V

"Come in Boys." Dr. Reid's voice called from the other side of his door.

"Sorry for interrupting you." Jacob apologized.

"Oh, it's no problem!" he waved his hand dismissively, "So what can I help you with?"

"Do you know what happened with Breanne Shayler yesterday?" I asked in a fake, strong, voice. I was still really shooken up about the whole thing.

"Uh, no. Should I have?" He raised an eye brow.

"Uh, yah. You should have." Kyle mocked him.

"Well tell me boys," He leaned onto his desk with his hands clasped, "What happened to Miss Shayler."

"She was hit so hard she is unconscious, and is currently sitting in the hospital, unconscious." Jacob really emphasized the last unconscious. I could see his fists clenched at his sides.

"Do you know who did it?" Reid asked. I couldn't believe how lightly he was taking this.

I was about to say the mystery guy but Jacob spoke up first, "No we don't know. It could have been anyone." 

"Very well." Reid nodded his head. He looked at the clock on the wall, "Well I guess there's no point you boys going back to class, so have a nice day." He dismissed us. We all turned and walked out past the slut.

"Hello boys, how are you today?" She purred licking a sucker, in i guess you could call, a 'seductive' way. It was actually making me want to bring my lunch back up.

"Fine." Kyle spat. The slut hissed and pawed at him like a cat. We all busted out laughing and walked away, out of the building.

"Has anyone seen Parker today?" Jacob asked to break the tension between us all.

"Yah, he was leaning over the toilet when we left this morning." Rage laughed. "Poor kid can't handle his liquor."

"How many did he even have?" Kyle asked.

"I counted around 5 empty coolers." I chuckled.

"Wow, what a heavy drinking." Jacob laughed. 

All of a sudden Jacob started screaming, "MY LEGS VIBRATING! WHAT THE HELL?!"

"Dude! It's probably your phone." I laughed. He blushed and dug around in his shorts pocket looking for his phone.

"Hello?... You’re kidding me!... No way.... It can't be... No... I'll be right there."

"What was that about?" Rage asked.

"Bree, her condition got worse. She isn’t just unconscious anymore, she’s in a coma." Tears were coming to his eyes again.

"We are going to see her. Now." I stated and started walking towards the parking lot.

Parker's P.O.V
My head hurts, my stomach is empty, and I don't know what the heck is going on!

I saw everyone leave for school this morning, but I haven't heard from them since. I don't even know what happened last night, other than I drank, lots.

'I'm in trouble
I'm an addict
I'm addicted to this girl
She's got my heart tied in a knot
And my stomach in a whirl'

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Finally, your capable of having a good conversation." Hayden spat.

"Sorry for wanting to let out a little stress." I retorted.

"Whatever. Wanna know where your girlfriend is right now?”

“Well, yeah.”

“She’s in the hospital right now, in a coma. You want to know why? Because you left her in the hallway, alone.” I could tell from his voice he was beyond pissed off.

“No way…” I was beyond shocked.

“Yeah, so you might want to get your ass to the hospital, NOW!”

With that he hung up. I couldn’t believe what he told me. It just wouldn’t sink in. Bree, in a coma? Because of me? It just wasn’t happening.

I jumped up from the couch and ran out the door, car keys in hand. I drove to the hospital and ran to the receptionist.

“Breanne Shayler?!” I yelled questioningly at her.

“Down that hall. Just look for the room with a bunch of your friends in it.” She replied without even looking up. I quickly dashed down the hallway she pointed out, looking through all the windows as I went. I caught a glimpse of green hair through one of the windows and came to an abrupt stop. I slowly opened the door, Rage, Hayden, Kyle, and Jacob all turned their heads to look at me.

“Uh, Hi guys.” I whispered, looking at the floor. I didn’t want to see the looks on their faces.

“So the drunk does care.” Jacob spat. I imagined his face was contorted into a look of anger.

“It was one time, I just wanted to see what it was like. I didn’t mean for this to happen.” I whispered again, still not daring to look at them.

“Yeah, well look where it got us.” He replied. I felt so ashamed, so empty. Tears started to pour down my face. I was always a softy.

“Oh great. Now he’s crying.” Rage whispered, and I could only imagine him rolling his eyes. Without looking up, I made my way over to the side of Bree’s bed.

I leaned in and pressed my lips to her pale, cold, forehead. “I’m so, so sorry babe. This is all my fault. You deserve so much more.” I took one last look at the boys and then walked out of the room and back to my car. Once I was in the driver seat I just put my head on the steering wheel and cried all the tears I had in my body.

All of this really was my fault. I knew that that guy wanted to make her life hell, and I left her all alone in the corridor. All because I was a little jealous that Rage liked her. I even drank until I was beyond drunk because I wanted to just forget about all the things that were making my fairly perfect life unperfect.

Just then someone tapped on my passenger side window. I looked up from the steering wheel to see Hayden’s dark eyes looking back at me. I unlocked the doors and he slowly got into the car.

“We don’t know if you’re the best match for Bree.” He said softly.

“I know.” I replied simply.

“I know you don’t agree with- hold up. You agree?” Obviously he wasn’t expecting me to agree. Hell, who would?

“Yeah. I get jealous to easy, I either care to much or too little.” I sighed. It hurt to say out loud.

“Huh, that’s exactly what we said.” Hayden muttered more to himself than me. I guess everyone can see exactly what I see in myself. Guess that’s a good thing.

“So when does the doc think she will be out of the coma?” I asked quietly.

“He doesn’t know.” Hayden replied in a hurt, distant, voice. I didn’t say anything. I just sat there after that. After a few moments Kyle moved to get out of the car.

“You’re doing the right thing dude.” Was his parting words.

“I sure hope I am.” I whispered to myself as I pulled out of the hospital parking lot and going back to the school.

“Clayton, get lost.” I sighed, as I walked up to the dorm room. Clayton was casually leaning against the wall beside our door.

“Meh, I don’t really feel like it.” He smirked. Me and Clayton were never friends or enemy’s so I don’t know why he was here.

“What do you want then?”

“Oh, I was just wondering how your precious little girlfriend is.” He said casually. He smirk was still etched into his face.

My blood instantly began to boil. “That’s none of your fricken business business Clay.”

“Well then, I guess I’ll be leaving.” He said as he walked back towards the elevator.

I just walked into the room shaking my head. That was weird even for Clayton. As I walked around the room, I noticed a vase of flowers sitting on the counter. There was a card too.

Dear Breanne,

Just wanted to say I was sorry about this.

                      From: Clay

What the hell is this guy up too?