Chapter 10

Regular P.O.V

"Are you going to school today?" Parker asked me as I ate my cereal.

"I was planning on it." I said softly. Rage sat down beside me.

"Heard you had a little break down yesterday." He smirked.

"Am I not aloud to cry about my terrible past?" I growled.

"Well someone as tough and scary should never cry, right Hayden." Rage smirked, poking Hayden in the side. 

"Keep me out of this dude." Hayden said eating his toast.

"Yeah, Rage man, Lay off." Parker said pulling me closer to him, and glaring at Rage.

"What ever. If she can't handle this, she can go kill herself." Rage said coldly as he stood up and walked into the bathroom.

"Why is he such an ass hole?" I Growled staring at the closed bathroom door.

"Because that's who Rage is." Hayden sighed.

"He thinks’ it's cool or something." Parker scoffed as he pecked my cheek and stood up. "Guess I better get ready for school." He sighed then walked off to the bedroom.

Once he was in the room and the doors were closed Hayden started talking, "There's more to Parker then he let's on." His face, voice, and eyes were all serious

"What do you mean?" 

"He isn't all sweet and innocent like you think." With that Hayden stood up, grabbed his bag and walked out the door.

"What the hell?" I asked out loud. 

"What the hell what?" Parker asked, suddenly behind me.

"Nothing, just confused why I heard a weird sound." I lied.

"Oh.. Well you better get ready for school."

"Right, see you in a few." I said and quickly made my way to bedroom. What a weird morning.

=======Skipping to After school===========

"We haven't spent much time together Kyle. What gives?" I asked Kyle as we laid in the grass near the soccer feild.

"What gives is the fact you and Parker are together now." Kyle stated as he texted someone.

"Have I really been spending that must time with Parker?" I asked stunned. Kyle didn't reply, just nodded his head.

"Oh..." 

There was an awkward silence falling between us, and I didn't like it. Fortunately Kyle broke it, "Did you really almost say you loved Parker at lunch yesterday?" 

I gulped, "Uh yah, funny story." I laughed nervously.

Kyle rolled over onto his side and propped his head up on his hand, "Now tell me this funny story."

"When I almost said love... I was thinking about someone else." I admitted.

"And who would this other person be?" Kyle asked. I sighed.

"My brother, who ran away when he was 10." I whispered, tears threatening to spill over. I pushed them down though, I cried too much yesterday.

"Awe Bree, come here." Kyle said sitting upright and opening his arms for a hug. I got up and hugged him, it felt good.

"What's your brother’s name?" Kyle asked suddenly, pulling me away from him but keeping his grip on my arms.

"Jacob Shayler." I replied immediately, the look in Kyle’s eyes told me that something was up. Suddenly Kyle was standing up, bringing me with him. We were running towards the dormitories, but to whose I’m not sure.

“Kyle where are we going?!” I asked as he dragged me along beside him.

“You’ll see!” He replied happily as we stopped in front of room 211. Kyle pulled me behind him so I couldn’t be seen, and then knocked on the door. I could hear it open.

“Kyle! What’s up man?” I cheery boy’s voice answered.

“Not a lot Jake! But I have something that I think you’ve been missing for a few years now.” Kyle answered. Just from his voice I could tell he was smiling like an idiot.

“I’m not missing anything dude.” Jake replied, confused.

“Yes, you are. Trust me.” Kyle replied seriously. He reached behind him and pulled me around in front of him.

I was face to face with tall, black haired boy, with D&G glasses. He didn’t look familiar to me at all other than his warm brown eyes.

“Hey, I’m Bree.” I said giving him a small smile.

“I know who you are. I’m Jacob.” He smiled back.

“Jacob Shayler?” I asked slowly. He just nodded his head.

“How old are you Jacob?”

“14.”

“Do you have any siblings Jacob?”

“Yes, a sister named Maddison.”

“I Knew it!” I cried happily, wrapping Jacob in a hug. He pulled away from me.

“I don’t even know you!” He exclaimed looking shocked as ever.

“I’ll leave you two to figure this out.” Kyle smirked. He did the man hug thing with Jacob, and then gave me a proper hug. While he hugged me he whispered “You can thank me later.”

“Later guys!” He smiled as he walked down the hallway. Then It was just me and Jacob. We were both just standing there. I knew who he was but of course he didn’t know who I was.

“Uh… Come in I guess.” Jacob said moving aside for me to walk into his room. It was a lot smaller than my room. There was no extra room for the beds; there was just two in the main area.

“You don’t recognise me do you.” I stated. It wasn’t a question. Jacob just looked me over from head to toe.

“Should I?” He asked a little unsure.

“Jacob, I’m your sister Maddison.”

“But I thought your name was Breanne?”

“I changed my name after you ran away Jake.”

“How did you know I ran away?!” He asked. I was seriously starting to get annoyed.

“Jacob! I’m your older sister Maddy, you ran away when you were 10. You have always played guitar and are good at it.” I practically yelled at him. Was he always this dumb?

“It really is you.” He whispered shocked. Then he tackled me in a hug, one of those squish-you-until-you-break kind of hug.

“Jake, can’t breath.” I choked out.

“Oh, sorry! I’m just happy we are back together. I missed you so much.” He smiled like a mad man.

“Jake, what did you do to get here?” I asked, suddenly serious. I just remembered you have to do something bad to get here.

“Oh, I got into way to many fights at my old school so they sent me here.” He shrugged. I nodded my head, I could live with that.

“What did you do to get here?” I asked with a smirk.

“I got in a fight with a guy and then I had a pocket knife pressed to his neck, then the cops busted me.” I said sadly. I was remembering all the people I left behind.

“I have a bad ass for a sister!” Jake cheered, pumping his fist in the air. I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

For the rest of the day I stayed with Jacob, walking around the school and hanging in his dorm. It was like good old times, but with much more swearing. I really had missed a lot on his life, but within the 5 hours we spent together, I was all caught up.

My life has definitely made a turn for the best tonight.