Chapter Five: Training

CHAPTER 5- (TRAINING)

The day had arrived, (I know all the time that has passed one night, but it’s very exciting.) We were starting training with all the hot vampires. This was going to be fun.

We all woke up nice and early around eight-thirty. Training starts at nine so we usually get up at eight-fifty or so. With our speed we’re able to get ready very quickly but today’s special, we’re meeting guys that we haven’t known since we were toddlers.

I got up, took a shower, put on some workout shorts, (short shorts of course but long enough so they don’t send off the message of I’m a complete slut), I put on a navy blue T-shirt and sweater. I really didn’t need the sweater because its summer time and the temperature wouldn’t affect me in the winter either. I slipped on some running shoes and put my hair up into a pony-tail and I was ready to go downstairs.

“Hey guys.” I said coming down the stairs I noticed everyone else was already up and ready to go. Then I saw something else, “Maya you’re up.” I said taking on an excited tone. “What’s your Gift?” I asked eagerly.

“We were just waiting until you were up to discuss that.” Leda said, she looked at me. “Dressed to impress?” She asked arching an eyebrow.

“Always and I see you guys all are, as well.” I replied taking note of their outfits, they were all dressed like me just with different colored shorts and sweaters. “So Maya, tell us.” I basically commanded. Okay, I was excited I got that but I haven’t gotten any Gifts yet so the girls getting some is the next best thing.

“I’m pretty sure it has something to do with emotions.” Maya began, looking at us before she continued. “I can sense all of yours right now.”

“Wow cool!” Skylar exclaimed.

“What are my emotions then?” Tiffany asked.

“Right now…” Maya trailed off, looking like she was really concentrating. “You’re happy and excited.” That’s obvious but I have no doubt at all that her Gift works with emotions. Tiffany nodded in response.

“Let me try something…” Maya said slowly trailing off. She stared at Tiffany for around a minute. Then… Tiffany burst out into tears. Whoa Maya’s good!

“How… Did… You… Do… That?” Tiffany asked between hysterics as she was still bawling her eyes out.

“I-.” Maya started.

“Maybe you should make Tiffany happy again.” I suggested.

“Oh right.” Maya said with a look of shock all over her face. Obviously she was surprised at the amazing mental feet she just accomplished. She concentrated once more but not for as long this time. I guess that after the first use it was relatively easy to master. Tiffany was looking happy once again.

“That’s really cool Maya! But next time I would rather not be your test subject guinea pig.” Tiffany told her looking kinda freaked out.

“Sure.” Maya answered. “No problem.”

I looked at the clock that was in the kitchen it was 8:58. We were going to be late. “You guys we’re going to be late if we don’t leave right now.” I told them. They all glanced at the clock and agreed.

We were going to training.

*************************************

We ran to the edge of town, the opposite end of where the vampires came, where there was this huge field, the size of four football fields. We made it there just in time.