Chapter Sixteen: Betrayal

Chapter Sixteen

I yawn and stretch. I blink at the sight of the golden sunlight streaming in the window setting my room alight. I slowly sit up and look at the clock occupying the small table next to my bed, it said it was noon. Wow! I slept for a long time.

I pull myself out of bed, I peer outside to see what the weather was like, I know it was sunny but that didn’t mean it was warm. Temperature doesn’t really affect me but I like to dress accordingly to the elements.

It was warm, a nice day. I stroll over to my closet and pull out a pair of jean capris and a loose flowy white shirt. I walk into the bathroom and jump into the shower just so I feel clean. Once that’s done I pull on my capris and undergarments and blow dry my hair before pulling on my shirt. I hate when my shirt gets soaked because of my damp hair, it just doesn’t look right even if I’m just chilling around.

After I’m done all of my bathroom stuff, I slide on the railing to the bottom of the stairs. No one home, they’re all gone for Training so I’m all alone. How sad. I do have to go to Damon’s though, and then I won’t be alone. I grab an apple out of the fridge, I’m not that hungry. I’m never really hungry unless I’ve done some vigorous exercise to exert myself into exhaustion.

I lazily exit the house and begin the short trek to Damon’s. My loosely hanging hair sifts slightly as a breeze blows through it moving the strands back from my eyes, giving me a clearer view of the rustling leaves and sea of grass. It was such a beautiful day and it was giving me a great start to my day.

I reach Damon fifteen minutes later, I was almost reluctant to leave the beautiful outdoors but then I remembered that this might fix our broken friendship. That was worth going inside for a hundred times over.

I bring my hand up and knock on the door. It doesn’t swing open immediately like it usually does, with Damon standing there with his cocky smirk. It just stayed shut. I knock again, again no answer.

I move my hand up to the door knob and twist it, pushing the door open. I slowly creep into the house looking around for signs of intruders, I’m paranoid what can I say? I walk into the living room, preparing to call out for him, sure that there’s no immediate danger.

I look around the room; my eyes soon fall on two people sitting on a couch their lips connected. Two dark haired people both who I had just talked to yesterday; one who had told me she had absolutely no interest in Damon.

As quietly as I came in I left ready to leave them behind me, I make it to the front door silently. I reach out to grab the door knob instead of sticking with the silence I was planning on going with I slam the door shut as hard as possible without bringing the door off its hinges.

I start to run away from Damon’s house tears streaming down my face. Chloe had lied to me, Damon had lied to me. I hadn’t believed what he said, he even tried to correct my but still, not even two days after he says that he starts with Chloe. I shouldn’t care but I do. Regardless I think it would have pissed me off, I’m sure it would have pissed anyone off. I thought things were getting better but they’re just turning into a bigger mess than before.

My feet pound on the grass covered path, just wanting to get away. I was so full of anger right now. I run as fast as I can, I’m not watching where I’m going, I slam into something at full speed. I fall forwards bringing whatever I ran into down with me. I open up my eyes hoping to see what kind of damage I’d done, instead of seeing a tree or some other towering object my eyes lock with a pair of chocolate brown ones.

I take my chance I move my head so my lips are hovering over his. I start to kiss him, letting all of my anger out, trying to get Chloe and Damon out of my mind. He seems startled at first but he soon brings his hands up so they’re resting on my waist and he starts to kiss me back, but it didn’t match my ferocity. I was just so mad and betrayed. Was this this Damon felt like? How pathetic Damon doesn’t deserve to feel hurt and upset, act like that, shun me but then he goes and does something along the same lines. How is that fair? He can do whatever the hell he wants, but I can’t.