Chapter Fifteen: Girl's Day

Chapter Fifteen

            Ian and I walk over to Damon and Chloe; we couldn’t stay staring at them forever.

            “Hey guys you ready to go?” I ask, they nod, their eyes were still lit up from their conversation.

            We exit the building and start to walk to the house, “So what are we going to do?” Damon asks.

            I had an idea after seeing Damon and Chloe talking that would work perfectly and now was the perfect time to bring it up, “I was thinking you and Ian could have a guy’s day, since you don’t know each other and don’t really get along, while Chloe and I have a girls’ day.”

            Damon and Ian both look like they don’t like the idea.

            “That’s a great idea!” Chloe exclaims.

            “So it’s settled,” I say, looking at Ian and Damon for confirmation.

            “I guess,” Damon says, but his lips curve upwards just slightly to show he has other plans.

            “I’ll get Tiffany to question you both later,” I say. Damon’s slight smile turns into a frown, I smile at him before turning to Chloe. “Let’s go.”

            We start to speed up, just before we are out of site I turn my head around and yell, “Have fun.”

            They both turn around and cock their heads at me before they turn and walk in the direction of Damon’s house.

            Soon we arrive at the house, I enter and Chloe follows me hesitantly. Almost as if she wasn’t comfortable being here, as she sits down on the couch, making herself at home, I shake off that thought.

            “So any ideas of what you want to do?” I ask, sitting down beside her, turning myself to face her.

            “Whatever, it doesn’t really matter to me,” She replies.

            “Okay, well I’m going to go get changed,” I stand up. Training really messed up my clothes; they were still damp and covered in dirt from when Damon tackled me. “Do you want me to get you some other clothes I’m sure Maya’s would fit you.”

            She looks at me closely then laughs, “Good idea, looks like winning is harder than it looks.” She grins at me before adding. “Sure if it’s not too much trouble.”

            “It’s not, I’ll be right back,” I say before running up the stairs and into Maya’s spacious purple room. I grab a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt for her, before walking back down stairs clothes in hand. “Here you go.” I hand them over once I reach her.

“You can change in the bathroom through there,” I point her in the right direction before going back upstairs and into my room. I walk into my closet and pull down some comfy sweatpants and a shirt, much like what I had given Chloe.

Fresh clothes were not just going to cut it; my hair was matted in wild tangles all over my head, which a brush just wasn’t going to be able to get out. To add to my rugged look I was caked in dirt wherever my skin wasn’t covered by clothing.

I pop my head outside of my room, “I’m going to take a shower, Chloe. Help yourself to whatever.”

“Okay,” She yells back.

I scamper back across my room and walk into my bathroom; I jump into the shower knowing that this was going to take a while.

I scrub my hair; I would have been fine if Damon hadn’t tackled me at the end of race. I also wouldn’t look like some dirt monster, no matter I’d look like myself again soon enough.