Chapter Eighteen: The Talk

Chapter Eighteen

Damon sits down beside me. I can feel his eyes boring into me, willing me to look at him. I oblige and turn my head towards him, staring him in the eye.

            “What are we going to talk about?” I ask, still staring at him, not looking away.

            “How about just recently?” He asks.

            “Everything’s happened just recently, you’re going to have to be more specific,” I respond.

            “I’m sure we’ll get to everything eventually,” He swallows. “But I— Ian told me that you were very upset yesterday.” It seemed that he was having a hard time that Ian had to tell him, I had the feeling that he still didn’t like him.

            “Yes,” I say waiting for him to go on. He knew what happened, he was one of the ones that caused me to go crazy and start crying my eyes out.

            “And it was because of what happened with Chloe,” He adds.

            “Yes,” I reply, trying to stay calm. Even hearing her name was pissing me off.

            “Skylar also told me what happened between you and Chloe but she didn’t tell me the whole thing just that it ended with her leaving.” He says. “Do you want to tell me what happened?”

            I sigh; I really don’t want to have to explain it again. If I must though I decide I’m just going to tell him the short version. “She came over before you did. She tried to say that she thought I’d be at your house without even checking my house first. Chloe also said that you two got talking when she was there, she went to get a drink, she tripped, and fell into you, and then you kissed her.”

            “That is utter crap, she practically forced herself onto me,” He says. “She started kissing me then the door slammed, she had been kissing me for five seconds. I was so shocked I didn’t even get a chance to pull away before the door slammed.”

            “That’s not what she said,” I answer. Damon’s story sounded fine but I wanted him to hate Chloe.

            “You’re going to believe her over me?” He asks incredulously. He gets up off of the couch preparing to leave.

            “No,” I reply. “But she told a different story so the question that that poses is; who’s lying to me?”

            He sits back down and takes my hand, “Dri, I’m not lying. She may have sparked some interest I’ll admit that but I wouldn’t just start making out with her on a couch when I knew you were coming over.”

            “So, you would make out with her when you knew I wasn’t coming over?” I ask, taking my hand back and folding my arms over my chest.

            He laughs a little, “No, I just knew we were going to try to fix things. Making them worse would be the farthest thing from my mind.”

            “We were going to fix things?” I ask.

            “Did you not want to?” He asks with a smirk.

            “Of course, but I didn’t know how things would go ‘talk’ can either mean good or bad. Maybe you just wanted to yell at me, who knows.” I answer.

            “You thought I would yell at you?” He asks. “Well, I might have, so you were right for worrying.”

            “Yeah,” I answer.