Chapter Six: Improv

CHAPTER 6- (IMPROV)

Almost everyone’s hand shot up.

“Okay, it seems we have a lot of eager people so how about we just split up into pairs and practice.” Brittney suggested and we all nodded excitedly partners were a lot of fun. You don’t get as nervous because it’s not in front of everyone.

Damon and I partnered up, as usual.

“You can start.” I told him. And by the grin on his face I could tell he already had a situation ready to go; that means he’s left it wide-open for me to decide where to take it or he came up with something completely inappropriate.

We faced each other and he started, “Adrianna, I want to go.” He said in a high-pitched whiny voice.

“Boy,” I started to say, he grinned, it’s off the top of my head and I didn’t want to come up with a name, “No we’re staying at the mall whether you like it or not and act your age your seventeen, one year younger than me. Stop acting like your two.”

“Can’t we do something fun though, like going to the arcade and ii am acting my age, I just don’t want to be here.” He retorted still using the whiny voice.

“Damon we can do something fun, just not right now.” I told him.

“Ethan said we’d do something fun with me.”

“Fuck Ethan! Just because he’s your new step-brother doesn’t mean he’s better than your sister.” I said pointing to myself. He looked impressed with my use of the swear word I usually don’t swear-out loud- at least. But, it’s acting it doesn’t count for much.

We just continued on until we got to “Z” where I finished with, “Zebras live in zoos.” Random I know but the last seven letters are usually hard to think of stuff for.

“Okay, nice practicing,” Brittney praised, “Now please take a seat.” She gestured to the stools lining the room, “We’re going to have some performances in front of the class now. Any volunteers?” She asked for the second time today.

Everyone’s hands shot in the air, “Okay how about…” Brittney looked around then a smile spread over her face, “How about Skylar and Felix.” All of us started to laugh. This was great!

Once they reached the top of the stage Brittney asked, “Who has a situation?”

I raised my hand, “Okay, Dri.” Brittney said waiting for my idea.

“I think Skylar should be in love with this guy, Felix, and he should like her back.” I told her fulfilling her curiosity.

“Sounds great!” Brittney gushed.

Skylar half-glared half-smiled at me see she’s happy, sort of, no harm done.

***************************************

Skylar and Felix’s improv situation went great it was funny and sweet at the same time.

“Okay, who’s next?” Brittany asked.

I raised my hand as did Damon and so did a few other people.

“Damon and Dri, you’re up.” She told us.

We climbed up the stage steps and stood facing everyone waiting for our situation.

“Who has an idea?” Brittney asked. All of the girls raised their hands but Brittney chose Tiffany.

“Dri your mom’s just died,” Tiffany told me, “And Damon’s trying to make you feel better but failing.” I nodded it was good.

“You go first.” I told Damon.