Chapter Twenty-One: The Game Plan

Chapter Twenty-One

I haul myself off of the ground, ready to do something. My weakness turns to rage and determination. I wasn’t going to get anything done to getting them back just by sitting around crying weeping about my defeat. Well, not my defeat I totally kicked-ass but it still wasn’t enough to stop whatever their plan was, which is a failure for me.

            Thin tear stained lines mark my cheeks. I rub at them trying to get them to leave; crying was a form of weakness that I need to banish. Damon may be gone, for now, but being without him wasn’t the end of the world, he’d be back in no time but until then I would stay strong.

            My legs begin to move back to where they came from heading straight to the Council Building. There should be a meeting with just the Immortal Council members going on today meaning they could all hear what happened all at the same time.

            When I reach the building I waste no time. I push the large doors open and rush in.

            “Council,” I yell, wishing to draw their eyes onto me. They all stare at me wide eyed startled by my intrusion. I don’t usually interrupt them in the middle of a meeting but what happened was more important than a stupid recent events gathering.

            “Damon and Skylar have been kidnapped,” my voice breaks slightly at the end. I should have stopped Victor; I shake it off and prepare to answer any questions they may have.

            “By who?” Drake asks. He doesn’t even consider that it didn’t happen; if you bring a matter to Council it’s immediately considered the truth. If they later find out if you lied there would be severe action taken against you for your offense.

            “Victor was responsible for it,” I say. Light scoffing goes throughout the hall but I’m not confronted.

            “Tell your story,” Drake commands.

            “I went over to Damon’s earlier today maybe thirty minutes ago, with Skylar. I had been there less than a minute when Chloe, Ian, and Summer showed up, they were acting odd and exchanged a few strange words before beginning to fight us. They attacked us brutally, with a purpose. Soon after as I was about to gain the upper hand and go aid either Damon or Skylar, Victor shows up and engages with Damon,” I pause. “The fight continues on until my hands are pinned holding me in place.” I wipe a stray tear away. “Then Victor leaves with an unconscious Damon and an unconscious Skylar.”

            There’s a silence throughout the whole building.

            “What you say is true?” Drake asks for conformation.

            “Yes,” I nod and sniff.

            Drake looks grave, “Then we will start a search party by dawn tomorrow.”

            “Why not now?” I ask.

            “We can’t put together anything affective and we may not even be able to do it by tomorrow it may take a week,” Drake says.

            “A week!” I exclaim.

            Drake looks torn he’s always had a soft spot for Damon and I, “Dri I know you care for Damon a great deal—”

            “And Skylar,” I interrupt.

            “I know you care for Damon and Skylar a great deal and they are a very important part of our community as well but we just can’t organize something that quickly. If it was Victor that took them, he most likely has a many-leveled plan in place and we have to prepare for anything,” Drake explains.