Breakfast

Arianna's POV

The voice calling out our names came from a boy sitting across the cafeteria with long (for a guy) shaggy midnight black hair. He had a cute boyish face and his hands were waving in the air for us to come over. Damon smiled. "Come on that's Jax" he pulled me in that direction. I was grateful because I surely wouldn't have been able to move on my own with all of the staring.

Before I could sit down at the circular table Jax stood up in front of me with a large smile.

"Hi, we haven't met yet but I'm Jax." He held out his hand, he seemed nice. I took it "Hi Jax, I'm Arianna." Up close I noticed that his eyes flashed pink when he looked into my eyes. We let go of each other's hands and took a seat.

"My friends should be here in a little while, then I'll introduce you, in the meantime, the breakfast line is that way" he pointed to a line of about five kids and a long table with incredible amounts of breakfast items. Damon and I nodded, got up and started heading toward the table.

Before I got very far I turned around, curiosity getting the better of me "Hey Jax?" he looked up. "Uh, I was wondering, how come when I look at vampires their eyes change color for a second?"

"What you're seeing is a glimpse of the other vampire's power, the color of their eyes represents your family. When we fight, our eyes change color and our fangs come out. Our guardian's eyes also change the same color as ours when we're in danger or when they're forced to transform into their wolf. Everyone in your family that's a vampire will have the same mark as you and the same color."

"So mine are purple right?" I asked.

"Yea... How'd you know? Damon hasn't transformed yet." Jax tilted his head to the side.

"I've, had some bad dreams that have made his eyes turn." I said

Jax thought about this for a while "I guess that makes sense, but what are the dreams about?"

"Oh its nothing just silly stuff," I said smiling "don't worry about it." Jax seemed reluctant to let it go but nodded. "Thanks Jax" I said and turned away to catch up with Damon.

"Arianna!" I heard Jax yell behind me. I turned, as he ran up "Hey, I just wanted to remind you, don't forget to grab some blood while you're up there. It's important that you do, no matter how much you don't want too." He gave a sad smile. "It's what we have to do now."

I'm sure that I'd gone pale and was blushing at the same time, but I nodded and thanked him for reminded me and walked over to Damon who'd been waiting for me. "It's okay Air, you shouldn't be embarrassed, it's part of who you are."

We walked through line and Damon filled his plate till he had no room left. I'd only got some fruit and yogurt. The second part of the line was for blood, so Damon left to sit with Jax and I walked over.

I'd been ignoring the smell of blood all over the room, but this close I couldn't help but want it, I swear I almost started drooling. The blood was warm when it was handed it to me and came in what looked like a disposable coffee cup that you'd get from starbucks, which made it seem almost normal.

I walked over to the table and sat down next to Jax and Damon who seemed to be in a deep conversation about a video game. I took a sip of the blood and had to stop myself from moaning, I hated falling victim to this abnormal craving but I couldn't help it, it tasted incredible and refueled my body like nothing else.

My blood lust trance was interrupted by two sets of laughter, I looked up to see Damon and Jax both laughing hysterically. "What?" I said sternly. When Damon finally caught his breath he smiled "you uhm, let you fangs out Air." I immediately put my hand to my mouth, I hadn't even noticed.