Turned

"Shes perfect" I heard the strange man say, as I stood behind my mother, using her body as a shield from the strange new man in our garden. I finally gained enough courage to peek my head out, studying what it was that made my mother so afraid. He wore a long black cloak with a red symbol on his right shoulder. Dark jeans and a black and white studded top. Although I couldn't see much of his face, I could easily see his peircing blue eyes staring into my mothers.

"She's only nine." my mother shot back defensively.

"Calm down Katerina, she won't turn until shes 18. Until then her powers and lifestyle won't be fully developed, she can live a mundane life until then." he shot back mockingly.

"So then why the Hell are you here now?!" she asked desperately. The man walked up a few steps, closing the small gap between us at an impossible speed.

"I told you before she was even born, I am a finder and I found her. She was chosen to be what she is and it is my duty to mark her." My mom shook with sobs and now wore shiny tears that slid down her face. I hated seeing mommy cry, she always told me that crying meant someone was hurt or upset.

"Whats wrong mommy?" I asked quietly, bringing both of their attentions to me. When the mans eyes locked on mine I couldn't help but stare in awe; the crystal blue it had been originally had changed to a deep void of black. My tiny heart unintentionally sped up. I was afraid of this man, he was not normal. I looked to the ground, hoping to erase those haunting eyes from my memory.

"Nothings wrong honey, just go see Mr. Lee over there." She answered her sobs had slowed and now only a stray tear fell down her face, she gently pushed me in his direction.

So Lee is the name of this scary man? I walked forward swallowing my fear and stared into the dark pit Mr. Lee's eyes resembled the moment our eyes met. He reached down and touched my long blonde hair and I could see my mother had tensed behind me.

"You know what needs to be done" he said harshly, "Don't try anything." Then he looked down to me and his expression softened.

"Hello Arianna." he said smiling.

"You know my name ?" I asked puzzled.

"Of course I do," Mr. Lee replied chuckling,"this is going to hurt, but the pain will not last very long. Do you understand ?"

I nodded in response and he slowly raised his right hand and put it on the left side of my neck. Slowly I turned slightly, almost wanting to run straight back to my mothers protection. However, almost as if this Lee man could read my thoughts he used his free hand to use his finger to gently turn my face back towards him.
"Focus Arianna."
My neck started burning where his hand was placed and eventually the pain had spread too my whole entire body. I could feel everything but I couldn't move at all, I couldn't scream, I couldn't push Lee's hand away.

I thought it would become too much- this venomous poison would just take over my body and I'd collapse, that I would just lose the fight. My body was hot and I was panting as if I'd been trapped in a desert for weeks without water. To my relief the pain had started to dull but I felt extremely sleepy, without consciously doing so, my eyes started closing. As The darkness crept in and I expected to fall into the deep nothingness that is sleep ; I woke up.

————————————————

HEYYYYY so ive been really scared to put anything out there yet so I hope u guys like this :) if not oh well haha I tried right. well im doing this all on a tablet so idk if its any different :/ I need a cover also I have no clue how to do that, and please tell ur friends if u like it ;)