The Strange Visitor

Damons P.O.V

Walking out the door, I headed for my truck.

I couldn't help but think how happy this little get together had made her and as long as she was happy, so was he. Even though I wouldn't have minded spending the night like we had done when we were kids, it would just make it weird for both of them - for me because it would mean nothing to her, but so much more to him then she knew, and for her because they had stopped spending the night at each others houses when they reached the age of 12, and there was no doubt she would wonder why he was wanting to stay.

Reaching for the ignition with the key, I started the twenty minute drive home, but I didn't want to go home quite yet. I didn't feel up for replaying the entire night to my mother, who somehow realized a while ago that I had a huge crush on Arianna. Where as I didn't even realize it until last year.

It definitely made me wonder how the hell she figured it out. 

My mind wondered back to that day, it was the beginning of the year, and they were in her room studying, well, more like Arianna was trying to make him understand basic math stuff for a test that was coming up the next day. As she paced the room he noticed things more closely. How comfortable she was around him. How she had hair up in a messy bun not hiding her weird tattoo like usual. She had noticed him not paying attention to what she was saying and she took her hand and whipped it across his face. 

He lifted his hand to his face back in reality, he could still remember the sting, Arianna hadn't held back. Weird enough, it made him realize that he had loved her since forever, and would do anything for her.

 An animal running across the road brought me back to the ride home and kind of freaked me out. There was something wrong here, but I also couldn't tell exactly what. As I pondered the thoughts at a stop sign, someone slammed into the windshield of the truck, cracking it into pieces as a bloodied hand reached through and pulled me outward without strain.

       "Sorry, but I'll be needing you for a quick moment Damon" the stranger announced in the blind-like darkness.

       "Wha-?" I started to say, but couldn't finish as I felt his mouth close on my neck and my thoughts turned to mush.

 But one thing was for sure ... this guy in some way, or some how, reminded me of Air.

-------------------------------------

Changed some things in this chapter so im hoping it will be easier to write off of and i can actually add to my book...cross your fingers...;p