Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 17)

So the reality that this story is really almost over is a little sad u_u"

But look at me go! :D Two updates in one day!... I suppose the fact I haven't updated in months cannot be made up though e-e"

Welp, without further a do, here ye go.~ 

__________________________________________________

Chapter 17

It felt so dark.. Ethan couldn't see a thing, but he could however hear what sounded to be voices. He wasn't exactly sure though, and that only made him struggle even more to look around. 

All at once, the pain in his shoulder came slamming back into his mind, and just as he thought he was getting some light, he had passed out again. 

Now, it was dark again, but he knew he was awake. He struggled to move some part of him, but it was obvious that that wasn't happening. 

His shoulder still ached, but not as much as it once had... It was more of a dull ache now, but it was still painful enough for him to groan out. Why did his damn shoulder hurt so much anyways...? He couldn't recall Kyle doing anything to it... 

Kyle...

And why had that buzzing noise stopped so suddenly?

Finally, eye lids opened, and his blurry gaze travelled around the room in front of him. He tried to raise his arms to clear away the sleep in his eyes, but once again he found he was unable to move.  He wasn't able to move his legs either, but he supposed it was just him who wasn't able to move.

Because the figures in front of him kept shifting. 

Ethan blinked again and again, struggling to be able to see clearly. His body felt so sluggish, and there was still that damn pain in his shoulder he could not get rid of. 

The buzzing was there again, but it sounded more muffled. He could feel his brows slowly knitting themselves together as he tried to figure out just what the hell that noise was. It sounded almost like... Almost like.... Almost like people talking, but mumbling so low their voices just became hums. 

Slowly, this was starting to freak Ethan out. 

A figure finally pushed past the others, and came to stop right before the younger man. He turned Ethan's head this way and that, before turning to the other blurry men. His mumbling voice carried it's hum over to them, then peered back at Ethan. More hums seemed to join his then, and after a second the figure turned, just as the others did. In a second, they were all gone, and the boy was left alone in the room. 

Now when the lights went off, Ethan knew he was still awake. 

Eventually he had passed out again, but the next time he wasn't awakened so nicely. 

Nope, he was awakened with a bucket filled with ice water. Again. 

His heart seemed to climb into his throat, and the pain in his shoulder was sharp as ever as he jumped. He grimaced, managing to bite down on his lip and tear the skin as he tried to keep from screaming out. It wasn't hard to tell his shoulder was bleeding again, considering a warm liquid was running down his shoulder even though he had just had a bucket of ice cold water dumped onto him. He could still feel some of the water drips trailing down his form, which made him shiver in response.

The torture from the night before was rather evident on the boy's face; a split lip, two shoulder wounds, his eye socket broken, nose broken, bruised and swollen face, and he couldn't hear out of his right ear, which was probably caused by the gun going off so close to it.