Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 23)

Chapter Twenty-Three

"You... What?" Ethan asked, unsure if he had heard his friend right.

"Nothing bad happened... I actually just happened to walk in, and Kyle and him were speaking... I'm going to let you guys sort this out, since I already know the jist of it... I'll be back later." Sammi said, while quickly slipping out the door just like Shakira had.

It didn't even take more than a second before Ethan completely spun around in Kyle's arms, making him wince slightly, before the pain was forgotten and they were back down to business.

"Eth--"

"You spoke to Him?" He asked, not even giving the older man a chance to speak. 

Kyle realized now that before, when he had thought Ethan was scared of Brett, he had been so wrong about it. But now, he realized that this was real fear that was on his young love's face. The old man he had met before had made him nervous, but now seeing that it wasn't only nerves that showed on Ethan's face, but dread as well. 

"Yes... We spoke... Bu---"

"What'd you talk about?"

Kyle had to bite his tongue in order to not snap at the young boy for interrupting him again. He was pretty sure he would've flared up had it not been for the expression on Ethan's face.

"Ethan... Give me a second to talk, okay? I'll tell you everything. Just calm down and breathe first." His teacher soothed, while using his free hand to gently rub circles against his student's backside.

Ethan gave a hard expression to Kyle, and he opened his mouth, clearly ready to argue. 

He's just trying to help....

His mouth abruptly shut; his teeth clattering against each other loud enough for Kyle to hear. The younger man flicked his gaze away for a second, and he seemed focused on exactly what Kyle had told him to be; calming down and breathing. 

He didn't bother to rush Ethan back into speaking, as he patiently waited for the smaller one to collect himself before he explained what had happened. After what seemed to be a few minutes, dark blue eyes raised, and with a small smile and nod, urged the brighter eyed one to continue on.

Kyle gave a nod back, and then quickly began to summarize what had happened.

"Well, I guess your sister hadn't told him I was here, because it kinda seemed upset about having a random stranger in the room... But in a way it seemed like... I don't know, it felt like he already knew I was here, and he was just asking me who I was for the hell of it...." He bit his lip, avoiding Ethan's gaze as he pondered over this for a moment. Not wanting the boy to begin getting antsy though, he quickly began speaking again. 

"All I said was that Shakira had brought me, since telling him we were dating appeared to be a bad idea... I didn't mean to lie, I just had such a bad feeling about him..." Kyle frowned as he recalled the memory while Ethan grimaced in response. "He sounded so surprised that Shakira had brought me, and he asked why she did. I quickly decided that maybe lying wasn't the best thing, so I opened my mouth and went to tell him we were together... But I couldn't get it out. I stuttered like a moron." Eyes rolled, criticizing himself now that the intense moment was over. Even his boy allowed a small smile of amusement to show, even though it was evident that he was still worried about what all had happened.

"I finally managed to spit out that we were dating, and then.... He did the same thing you do." Kyle paused to study the boy a moment which was just long enough for confusion and curiosity to dominate the expression on Ethan's face. "You're both able to completely hide your emotions when you don't want others to know what you're thinking.... Just like that."