Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 20)

Guys this story is almost over T-T Now, I know I whine about this in almost every chapter, but I don't think you guys know how much that means to me ;__; I've been writing since I was a child, and I have NEVER actually finished a story before. This will be my first, and I'm so proud of myself for sticking through it, and I'm so proud of you guys for all the support you've given me. Thank you all so much. <3 

__________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty

It was so dark, and it felt so cold in the room. Ethan must have passed out again, but this time he seemed to wake up inside a refrigerator. He shivered, but instead of that warming up his body it made the closed up gap in his shoulder open again. He gasped in pain as the new blood began to trickle down his arm. Just feeling it made him feel sick, but not in the same way that he usually did... Something felt wrong... 

Before he could place his finger on it, he felt a finger be placed somewhere else... Right into the hole in his shoulder. 

He gasped, his gag reflex quickly struggling to work as his stomach did somersaults. The finger thrusted its way inside of him, forcing the wound to open even wider. The scream caught in his throat, his body already beginning to shut down from the pain and blood loss.... As if it was trying to do one last thing to protect itself, he fell into an even deeper darkness....

It was hours before he could even think again, but it was still dark. Only one thought came to his mind though...

Am I dead?

It was cold again, but this time he didn't shiver. He breathed much easier than he had been over the last few days, or however long he had been there, and he suddenly wondered if he had actually came to the end of his life.... 

His body felt cold, but he could feel what felt like a heat on the outside trying to warm him..... Or trying to unfreeze him. 

His arms lowered to his sides, and he realized then that he had no pain. Not only did he not have any pain, but he was able to feel his numbed legs, and he realized he was standing. 

Even though he couldn't properly feel his body, and he still felt cold, he also felt comfort.... He should be panicking, he realized, but here, wherever HERE was, he was nothing but content. There was no stress on his mind, no matter what he even thought about . He thought of Shakira, Kyle, his boys... But for some reason, he was completely at peace. 

Is this death?

He didn't know how long he had been standing there, but he needed to move. He needed to know if he was really dead, and he needed to know where he was going.... Heaven or Hell? Do those places really exist? Or is he in Purgatory, and he'll be left to wonder in this darkness for the rest of his life? Will he go insane by then? Or will he always feel this peace? 

Ethan had so many questions, but he had no idea who he was supposed to ask. Moving was the first thing on his mind, and so he worked up the energy to move his legs.

They almost felt like lead weights, and he felt himself struggling just to take a step. He didn't break a sweat though, and even though he could feel it taking some serious energy just to move, he wasn't at all tired. He frowned anyways though, and the boy slowly lifted his foot then moved it forward. He couldn't see it move, since it was too dark. Have you ever been in such darkness where you couldn't even see your own hand when it was in front of your face? Well that was the kind of darkness Ethan was settled into now. 

Just as he went to slowly place his foot out a little further than it had been before, it seemed gravity kicked in at a much stronger force. It forced his foot to go down faster than he had intended, and it was too late he realized that he must have taken a step right off a cliff. 

His body was launched off the land, and into air instead. He gasped in surprise, but it was lost in the wind as he free fell to... Well, he didn't know where he was falling.

The peace he had had before was long gone now, and he could once again feel his heart pounding painfully against his ribcage.

Pain?

Does that mean....?

He could only hope, but that hope was suddenly cut short. He saw himself falling to a white light, and the gravity seemed to work harder, and pushed him even faster towards it. In seconds, even though the white light had only appeared milliseconds before, he was completely engulfed in the entity. He was only able to see his form for a split second, and he took that time to raise his arms to his face and cover it in protection. That probably wouldn't do much, but considering he was falling face first, he could hope it would bring some protection. 

The light was far too bright for him to keep his eyes open, but he struggled to look at the ball he was about to fall into. He squinted at it, hoping to bring some protection to his eyes. For a second though, he wasn't able to see himself again. Everything was white, and he momentarily thought ht had gone blind. 

Pain. Pain was the first thing he felt again, and he gasped in surprise as his entire body ached. He still couldn't see, but he heard movement around him. 

Am I still dead?

But just as he thought that, his eyes were beginning to adjust again. 

Everything was white, yes, but it became more and more evident by the second that he was no longer in a blinding white light, but rather a blinding white hospital room. 

Nurses were surrounding him; one checking on his vitals, another listening to his pulse (even though there was a machine right there, so he didn't quite understand that one), another putting something into the IV, and the others just seeming to make sure he was indeed all right. 

"This will help with the pain." A familiar voice said, which caused Ethan to look up. 

It was his personal doctor, who He had hired for His own reasons. Some comfort came to Ethan since he could finally see someone he trusted after such a long time, but he turned his attention to where the doctor's attention was. 

Both their gazes were now focused on the needle being inserted into the IV, watching the drug be added to the fluids already in there. Just seeing the needle made goosebumps rise on his skin, but just as the boy tried to rise and get away from it, he realized he had been strapped down. 

Blue eyes which weren't completely focused looked down, trying to see the black straps that held him down, but due to the white sheet he couldn't. He tilted his head back to his doctor, waiting for the explanation. 

"We know how you feel about needles, and you're in a pretty rough condition..." He explained right away, finally resting his own gaze down onto Ethan. "We didn't want you injuring yourself even more by throwing a fit over your phobia." 

The younger man only nodded, but it was just as he started to nod that he felt really tired. He tried to alert the doctor that he was about to fall asleep again, but before he could, he was out. 

The doctor studied his young patient for a moment, before he raised his hand and gently placed it onto the boy's head.

"Glad to have you home, Sean."

_________________________________________________________

whoa ;O NOW HE'S BEING CALLED SEAN!? WHAT!? I promise you I will update a lot sooner, and will hopefully have the next chapter up within a week if I'm not too busy :P Photo is of Ethan!