Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 10)

Chapter Ten

Ethan stumbled, and Kyle was at his side in a moment with his arms around the boy. The younger one seemed to get his barings for a moment, catching his footing, but instead of recovering, he went completely limp in his teacher's arms and once again dropped.

Kyle swore, arms wrapping even tighter around the smaller one's frame to keep him from hitting the ground, before his right hand went below Ethan's knees, and his left arm around his back, easily lifting the boy then into his arms. Making sure he had a grip on the unconscious one, he jogged to the door, finding it easier to open than he expected, and slammed the door shut behind him. He didn't even bother to make sure it was shut as he headed towards the flight of stair. It slowed him down a bit, but once he was down them he ran to the front door, get through there, and race over to his truck without a problem. Just a few curious glances, of course.

He ran around to the passengers side, quickly throwing the door open open, and settling the knocked out man inside without even making sure the younger one was comfortable. He slammed the door shut, only to go to the driver's side and open that door before climbing in on that side. He slammed the door shut, not even bothering with his seat belt as he shoved the keys into the ignition. The truck started without a problem and after putting it into drive, he pulled away from the curb and drove away without a problem.

Obviously the doctors wasn't an option now, as whatever was wrong with Ethan was more serious. Or seemed more serious anyways, since he was randomly blacking out then going unconscious. Kyle didn't even bother to check the spedometer, but he had a strong feeling he was speeding. He could care less though, and the only thing he hoped for was that he wouldn't wreck or get caught by the cops. Hopefully if he was caught though, if he explained the situation, they'd let him go free of charge. Maybe they would even be nice and give him an escort, although any of that seemed unlikely.

 He wasn't caught though, since Ethan didn't live all that far from the hospital. The drive was pretty quick, and the worry of getting pulled over almost seemed pointless. Kyle parked right outside of the emergency room and after shutting off the truck, he was able to think clearly for a moment.The idea of Ethan just being dehydrated came to his mind, and he almost scolded at himself for overreacting. A glance to the knocked out boy and the bright red and purple bruises made that seem unlikely.

Arms simply dragged the boy across the seats now, not even bothering with the passenger door as he dragged Ethan into his lap for a moment. Pushing open the driver's door, he was careful with the limp body as he slid out, slamming the doors shut behind them then taking off for the emergency room. The automatic doors didn't seem to move fast enough as Kyle sprinted into the lobby and ran to the front desk, Ethan still knocked out in his arms.

"I need help." Kyle said as he finally came to a stop. He panted softly, and for a moment he considered that as the fastest he's ever moved in his life.

He could feel everyone's eyes on him who was sitting in the lobby waiting their turn, but he could care less right now. Time seemed to almost stop as this woman took her time to answer him, not even glancing up as she finally began to speak.

"I'm sorry sir, but unless there's chest problems or blood loss, you're going to have to sign yourself in and take a seat." She explained.

"I think there's internal bleeding... And a lot." Kyle tried to explain, begging the woman to look up.

His silent plea was answered as she glanced up, her eyes landing on his face before they moved to Ethan's still one. She immediately reached over and pressed a red button on her desk, a light above it switching on, and she came around the desk to take a better look at the unconscious boy. One look at him abdomen had her grimacing, and her hand rose to gently brush against the bruised skin. Ethan didn't even flinch away like he had been doing the day before, and the concern was obvious on the nurse's face.