Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 19)

Chapter Nineteen

What..... What is this?......

Am I dead?......

Why is it so cold?......

..... I can't hear anything.... But... My own voice...... It's so loud....

Why can't I wake up?.......

Did I fail? Is this really how I'm going to die!?

No, I can't die yet!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Ethan was dead.

Ethan Stein was dead.

This boy.... The boy everyone had been so afraid of those years ago.... He was dead now.

Shakira's entire body shock as each sob wrecked through her body. She clung tightly to herself, worried that if she didn't hold on enough, she'd completely fall apart.

How could Ethan just be dead?

Didn't he understand he had a child at home that needed his daddy?

What about Edmund? What was going to happen to him if Ethan wasn't around to protect him? He'd end up back on the street with being nothing but trash.

What about Sammi? And Megan? Ethan was their best friend.... They couldn't just let his death go. They'd be scarred by it. And fuck knows what kind of people they'd turn into.

Their parents? They'd be a wreck.... Even if Ethan denied them half the time, they still gave a damn about him and were doing a hell of a lot better.... And Zeke? If he found out his little brother had been killed, he'd go balistic.

What would Kyle do? Shakira didn't know the man well enough to know how he'd react, but he came all this way just to make sure Ethan was okay.... And this happened?

Hell what was she going to do!? Sure, she had another brother.... But, Ethan was her twin brother, and she couldn't just move on like this.... He was always there for her when no one else was. When it came down to it, they always had each other's backs before everyone else's. They shared secrets, and went through hell and back together. Of course they didn't see eye to eye on everything, and they argued over more than they agreed upon, but they were twins. And twins had a special connection that couldn't just be broken like that.

She had been so sure that Ethan would be alive when they had found him.....

"Shakira!"

Surprised by the sudden volume coming from the boy on the other side of her brother, she jumped and raised her head to look at him. Her eyes were wide in surprise, and judging by the frustration on his face, that hadn't been the first time he had called her name.

"Wh-What?" She asked, trying to get a grip on herself. It proved difficult though as she felt her face drooping down into a pouty frown.

"He's alive!" Sammi said, lips curling slightly.

Blink. "What?"

"Ethan! He's alive!" Sammi said again while gesturing to the limp boy between them. "His heart beat is faint, but it's there. I swear I didn't imagine it."

Shakira gazed upon her brother's unconscious face for a moment, then looked back up to Sammi. It was obvious the blonde wasn't lying, so quickly Shakira moved to check on the man between them.

Sammi guided her hand to where the boy's pulse should be, and sure enough, after a few seconds, there was a slow beat. It could barely even be felt, but it was enough to get Shakira to snap out of it.