Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Epilogue)

Epilogue

"It's about damn time you've come back to school!"

Ethan yawned, finding that it was way too early to be awake yet. He knew it was going to be a struggle to rebuild his sleeping schedule, but he had no idea he would be this tired. 

He cut a glance to Shawn, who seemed to be pouting and expecting some answers.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry I was gone so long." Ethan apologized as they began to walk in the direction of school.

"So are you going to tell me where you've been?" Shawn asked.

Even though Ethan knew Shawn would be demanding answers when he got back, he still wasn't completely sure what he was going to say. He didn't want to outright lie to the guy who had became a good friend to him, but he didn't have much of a choice, if he wanted to keep his friendship.

"My real sister ended up getting injured pretty badly, and I had to go make sure she was okay." He lied while awkwardly adjusting the strap of his backpack.

"Oh... Damn. Is she okay?" His friend continued to ask while sounding genuinely concerned.

And because Shawn seemed to really care, it made it harder to Ethan to lie.

"Yeah... She's okay now. I just wanted to be there, just in case, you know?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah, I know. I'd do the same thing if one of my brothers got hurt too." He answered with a nod.

"Yeah..." Ethan mumbled softly.

"Well it's good to have you back, man." Shawn said while slinging an arm over Ethan.

The sudden pressure on his still injured shoulder made him hiss in pain, while flinching underneath the weight. Shawn seemed to quickly realized he had injured the other as he pulled his arm away in alarm.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah... I just fucked up my shoulder while I was there." Ethan explained, figuring that was as close to the truth as he could get.

"Ah. Sorry."

"It's fine."

The boys travelled in silence for the last block to school, and Ethan could feel his nerves kicking in a little. It wasn't because he was nervous about seeing and dealing with all the teachers and classmates, it was more because he knew---

"Hey."

Both boys turned, while Ethan's heart gave a little jump of excitement.

"Nice to see you again, Hunter." Austin greeted the younger boy, while Kyle flanked his right side.

Ethan only offered the man a nod, before his eyes immediately flickered to Kyle's own.

The younger teacher offered a small smile in response, which made Austin roll his eyes as he turned his attention to Shawn.

"How about we let these lovers have a little alone time before the bell rings?" Austin offered.

Shawn gave a small laugh, then began to follow his teacher to the front doors. Ethan scolded after them, but it wasn't long before his attention was back on Kyle.

"How's your shoulder?" Kyle asked.

Ethan gave a small shrug, which caused the strap of his backpack to slip and press down right on the wound. A second hiss of pain escaped his lips and Kyle quickly picked up on it with a perk of his brow.

"Okay, so it hurts..." Ethan admitted.

"Are you sure you should have came back so soon?"

Once again, the boy shrugged, this time more mindful of his shoulder. "Doesn't really matter if I was ready or not, you can't lose your job."

"I could always find another one." Kyle answered as he started shifting closer to Ethan.

"Still. You like this job."

"But you don't like me being around Sebastian." Kyle added.

"Nobody likes him." A scold formed itself onto Ethan's lips, but before he could continue to express his dislikes about the other boy, Kyle had finally creeped close enough to press his own lips onto the boy's.

As soon as their lips met, Ethan was practically swooned off his feet. Every time they kissed like this, the boy could've sworn it was like the first time all over again. Pain shot through his shoulder as he lifted his arms up, but he ignored it as the appendages wrapped around his teacher's neck.  

Kyle's own hands moved to press against the small of Ethan's back, helping the smaller male stand up taller. Not to mention it helped bring him closer against the taller. 

Ethan's lips were just starting to part, ready to slip his tongue into the other man's mouth, before a voice made them quickly pull apart.

"I knew you guys were doing each other."

Separating instantly, both men glanced over to see none other than Sebastian Ulks standing there, looking pretty proud of himself.

"Yeah, and in a couple minutes you're not going to know anything unless you keep your mouth shut." Ethan said threateningly. His hands had already clenched into fists, and he took a menacing step forward which made the other boy flinch back.

Kyle on the other hand handled the situation more calmly, as he reached out and pulled Ethan back towards him. The teacher went to speak, but Sebastian waved him off.

"I'm not going to tell you guys your little secret." He said calmly.

Ethan relaxed a little, but his brow perked up suspiciously. "What's the catch?"

Sebastian shot him a glance. "There is no catch, just consider it as a gift."

Snorting, the German gave his head a small shake. "Why do I seriously disbelieve that?"

The other student's eyes were beginning to narrow with a comeback, but once again Kyle stepped in between them.

"Listen, we can settle this out later. Right now if we don't hurry, we're all going to be late, and I don't think any of us want that. Correct?" Kyle asked. 

The boys continued to stare each other down for a couple seconds, before Sebastian finally gave in and glanced away. Not even a second later, the younger of the two boys turned and marched off to the front doors, before disappearing inside. Ethan glared after him, but finally looked away when Kyle gave his hand a tug.

"Don't worry about him. We'll figure it out after school." Kyle said reassuringly.

"I still hate him though." He grumbled.

"I know, but you need to focus on school..." Kyle said, glancing around a moment before leaning down and pressing his lips against Ethan's cheek.

That seemed to do the trick, as Ethan finally calmed down enough to just a frown.

"Fine..." He grumbled, while both men turned towards the school.

As they walked, they made their hands brush against each other. As they got to the door, Ethan turned one last time to Kyle, stopping the older man for a moment.

"Honestly, I thought this year was going to suck... Because I felt alone with my family so far away... But... Now that you're here, with me, I feel like this life is manageable." Ethan admitted, his voice slightly softer than usual. He paused, staring down at their hands before he shyly glanced up behind his eye lashes. "And I just wanted to thank you, for sticking by me..."

"Ethan, there's nobody I would rather stand by, than you." Kyle answered, reaching out and gently giving the boy's hand a good squeeze before quickly releasing it again.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Lao Tzu once said "Being deeply loved by someone gives your strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."