Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 1)

Chapter 1

Day two of school, and Ethan was dragging his feet to the library as slow as possible. Independent studies was something he had been dreading since he found out his group yesterday, and it was obvious that dread didn't leave his existence yet. Isaac had pulled the group behind after class, telling them the new teacher wanted them to meet in the library instead of the cafeteria like everyone else was doing.

If he could've, he would've went to the office and switched groups. But not only was the reason why he wanted to change so obvious to the other students, but it was too soon to make up any plausible reason for him to switch groups, besides the fact he didn't like the people in it. The head master would probably deny his request immediately so that it wouldn't even go to the school board, and this being the only school for the next three towns over in any direction; switching schools would've taken too much effort. He'd just have to deal for now.

He had made the excuse earlier that he had to go to his locker in order to get away from his classmates and Sebastian quickly used the same excuse, probably planning along the same lines. Sarah, who wanted nothing to do with the star struck Nathan, used the excuse as well so it was only Nathan who had gone on ahead to the library. Ethan had stood at his locker for a good five minutes, staring at his books with no purpose except to wait for the hall to clear. He even waited until Sarah and Sebastian had walked past him, until he finally slammed the locker shut. He advanced to the direction of the library, where he was currently hauling himself.

He had managed to come to a stop in front of  the double doors leading into the library, where he had to take another moment to prepare himself. He grimaced at the door handles, considering saying he puked all over his locker, and couldn't make it, but that was a coward's way out. And one thing Ethan wasn't, was a coward. Taking a deep breath, he quickly made his face take on an indifferent expression, before his hand grasped the door knob and pulled it free from its frame. The door swung open, and the three members of his group immediately glanced up to stare at him. His brow raised, surprised that the teacher wasn't there, and for the fact they were all sitting at separate tables. At least that saved him from listening and partaking in chatter none of them would want to have.

He didn't say anything to the others as he walked over to another empty desk that was placed behind everyone elses'. Setting his backpack down on the table top, he plopped into the chair and relaxed back into it. Sitting where he was now, everyone's back was to him, which was good since this meant he didn't have to worry about getting stared at like usual.

Nathan was jittery. He shifted positions every few seconds and looked like he was going to have a nervous break down if the teacher didn't come in soon. Sarah had a book opened on the desk in front of her, and even though she looked concentrated on whatever she was reading, she glanced to either Ethan or Sebastian every few seconds, blushed, and went back to reading. Sebastian looked relaxed, sitting on the two back legs of his chair with the front were hovering in the air. Ethan slumped against the desk, his left hand being used to prop his cheek up, and the elbow for that hand was rested onto the wood of the table. 

Just as he was beginning to wonder how long this guy, or girl (since he wasn't exactly paying attention to who their teacher was yesterday), would take to arrive, the library doors flung open.

"Ulks, that's not how you sit in a chair."

Just as the words were said, a young looking man with blond hair strided into the room carrying what seemed to be a few folders and a book of some sort. The chair legs slammed down onto the floor as Sebastian put it back down, while frowning at the new teacher. If Ethan was able to like people a bit easier, he would probably love this guy already for getting Sebastian annoyed with his first sentence.