Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 18; Part 2)

Seriously T-T One of you guys, or all of you guys, need to get together and find me someone who can yell down my shoulder to update. Because I know you guys hate waiting, and I know I've probably lost some fans because I never update, and then I feel totally miserable inside for being so rude T-T Life constantly gets in the way, and when I think it's only been a week or so since I've updated, it's turned out to be a freaking month and then I'm sitting here like ";O; Oh my God why do people even read my stories?!...." Thank you all though for being so loyal to me n_n.... But seriously <_< Find someone to come and yell at me to update every once in a while.

*********WARNING. THIS CHAPTER IS EXTREMELY VIOLENT. IF GORE OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME READING THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOU.**************

I honestly don't think the gore is THAT bad, but I don't want to be screamed at for not putting a warning e-e

Now without further a do!

_______________________________________________________

Chapter Eighteen (Part Two)

Sammi ran his hand over the hard metal of his gun, letting the appendage run over the smooth surface. He hated the silence they were currently sitting in, but he knew Shakira needed to take a moment to prepare herself, and Edmund was sure as hell not going to utter a word.... Well, Shakira could take a moment for herself later.

"You shouldn't have freaked out on Kyle." Sammi started, deciding to get the elephant out of the room.

Shakira didn't even glance up from the window of the limo as she spoke. "Well it knocked some sense into his thick skull."

"At least his skull isn't as thick as Ethan's." Sammi pointed out. "If it was, we would've had to stand there for hours explaining it to him, and even still he would find a way to go."

"Bullshit." Shakira called, still staring away. "Ethan wouldn't have even given us a chance to explain if the positions were switched."

"Exactly. Then you should be thankful he actually listened to you."

".... Would it be hypocritical of me if I said it kinda pisses me off he didn't put up more of a fight to come with us?" Shakira asked, finally turning away now to look over at the boy beside her.

Shoulders lifted in response before the older blonde answered. "I don't know... It's obvious he cares. But, it's also obvious he still doesn't have a clue what he's getting himself into... And maybe he's being logical. I mean, your speech already proved enough that if he got seriously wounded in there, he wouldn't just magically live.... And with the condition Ethan appears to be in--"

"Don't say it." Shakira suddenly said, completely turning her head away from him again.

"Shakira..."

"Sammi. Don't."

".... Living a life like this, he isn't going to live forever..."

"JUST STOP, OKAY?! I don't care if it's 'logical' or not to be thinking that way! He'll be okay! I know Ethan, and even if we find him and he's as close to death as death can get, he'll be okay!" She snapped as she turned to glare at him. Even though she was saying all of this, tears of doubt were welling up in her eyes, threatening to spill over at any time.

Sammi, noticing the tears, decided not to push the matter. The last thing he wanted was to make the girl he loved cry, after all. And the idea of comforting her was out of the question. She would only push him away, and claim she was perfectly fine.... Such a hard ass she could be.