Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 25)

Chapter 25

The story was suddenly interrupted when the door to the room opened. Both men glanced over in the general direction, but because of the white curtain they couldn't see a clear view. 

The curiosity on Ethan's face suddenly became fear though once he heard the footsteps approaching. He wasted no time in suddenly pushing Kyle away from him, forcing the older man out of the bed and to stand beside it instead.

The older sent a frown of confusion to the younger one, but before he could even ask, Sir came around the corner. 

He looked exactly the same from earlier; same smirk and everything. His gaze had been rested on only Ethan at first, but once he had a clear view of the whole side of the room, his eyes flicked over to Kyle. Immediately the teacher felt like cowering away from the watchful gaze, but he held his ground as he was studied.

After a few seconds of a tense silence, the man finally glanced back to Ethan.

"I see you're well enough to have company." The man commented. There was a suggested edge in his voice, making it seem like he was disapproving, yet didn't come outright to say it.

"I'm feeling a little better, yes, Sir..." Came the careful answer from Ethan.

The man seemed to study the boy for some time, before he turned his smirk back to Kyle.

"You are dismissed. " He simply said. 

It took a second for it to dawn on Kyle that he was actually being dismissed from the room, but once it did he felt a little dumbfounded. Was he actually supposed to listen to this guy? Well... He did run a business involving serial killers... 

The minute He had given the command to leave, Ethan had tensed up on the bed. Before that he had been doing a good job of hiding away any fear he might have had, but now it was hard to hide away. 

Because of the way Ethan was reacting, Kyle was hesitant on what he should do. Of course, to avoid any problems, he should probably just leave the room. It wasn't like Ethan was defending him anyways, so he took that to mean he really should just leave the room.

The teacher gave a small nod, before quickly walking past the man and slipping out the door. The man watched the other leave, before all of his attention centered back onto the boy.

"You were kidnapped by Brett?" 

Ethan hesitated, just like he always did when answering questions. He had been beaten multiple times before, simply for the fact the man before him hadn't liked the way the younger had worded the answers he had been asked. Even though the drugs were helping with the pain he was already facing, he wasn't so sure he could handle another beating anytime soon. Not only that, but he was mostly sure there wasn't a wrong way to answer this question.

"Yes, Sir." He answered. 

Judging by the fact the man seemed to be contemplating over what Ethan had said, he took this as a good sign. They stayed in silence for a few minutes, before the man moved closer to the bed. Ethan had tensed up immediately, but thankfully Sir had done nothing but sat down on the edge of it. He still seemed to be mulling over the idea of kidnap, before he finally spoke.

"I will speak to Sir Leroy, and demand Brett to be handed over." The man stated aloud, but it sounded like he was still thinking over it. "I doubt we'll be able to have more than an apology, and a signed agreement that this shall not happen again though."

Just as Ethan was about to nod along and offer a 'I understand, Sir', the man turned a hard eye onto the injured one.

"I will not have our name be badmouthed, Boy. You will not seek revenge after Brett. Sir Leroy has been kind enough to hand over young Brenten to us, and I will not have our loyalties be broken by damning his name as well. I do not care if this means he has the final say, you will not tempt him any longer. Do I make myself clear?" 

Ethan understood perfectly, but he also understood that Brett was obsessed with getting his sister's child back. There was no way Brett would go along with the agreement, if one were to be made.... His hesitation seemed to take too long this time, and the man, with a frown, spoke yet again.

"Speak, boy." He ordered.

"Brett isn't going to just stop going after him, even if there is an agreement." 

Both men glanced up to the girl who was casually standing there.

It seemed Sir was going to either ask why not, or scold her for the interruption, but she continued to speak as she walked closer.

"He's obsessed with getting Brenten back, and I don't think even Sir Leroy can control him any more when it comes down to this matter... He's become sick in the head, and I think the only way to stop Brett would be to kill him."

Sir seemed irritated the entire time she spoke, but finally a grimace had wedged its way to his face. 

"Sir Leroy will never allow...."

"I know. I know it will soil their name, and they'll have no heirs to fix it. But it can't be helped. It's their own tragedy. We deserve to continue to have our name feared, not sworn at. People will think we have lost our own power if we let the Leroys come before ourselves. They have done nothing but agreed to let us have Brenten. They have nothing left to offer. Sir Leroy only allowed us to have Brenten because he KNOWS he has nothing left, and he's relying on us to protect him. Not even Brett is that great at what he does, and Sir Leroy has nothing without Alexa. We might as well take them out, since it'll give our name an even higher power."

Sir seemed to actually be considering what Shakira was saying for a moment, but he still looked rather unconvinced. 

"Wait until Ethan is well. We'll keep him hidden away again until the meeting is set up. We'll figure out a way to split Brett and Sir Leroy up, and Ethan will take out Brett first. Then he'll take out Sir Leroy, and that'll be the end of it. If we can get Brett off guard, the whole thing will be clean."

There was once again another pause, while the twins waited for their Grandfather to speak. It seemed to take more than several minutes, but finally he answered.

"I will consider the plan. Allow me to speak to Sir Leroy first, and then I will figure out how to proceed." He climbed to his feet, with obvious intentions of leaving. 

"I will come to you when I have decided. Children." He gave them both a nod, then turned and left the room without another word.

Both of them waited a few seconds, before Ethan seemed to relax a little. He cut a glance to his sister.

"Do you really think he'll just kill Sir Leroy off?" He asked.

Shakira shrugged, while crossing her arms. "It's hard to say. I think if it comes down to holding the power and money, he'll do it."

Ethan gave a small nod in agreement, although he still wasn't completely sure.

"You get some rest." Shakira said after a pause. She moved towards the door, and cut a glance back to her brother. "You're still in a really bad state, and it's going to take a day or so before you should push yourself. With or without your inhuman speed of healing. I'll send Kyle in later. But for now, you really need to sleep."

She waited by the edge of the curtain, making sure the younger would agree to do it before she left. He seemed unhappy with the suggestion, but he knew as much as he wanted to talk to Kyle, he did need to focus on healing. 

"All right... Am I going to go back to Greenville when I'm healed?" He asked as he began to lie down.

The girl considered it for a moment, before she ended up shrugging. "I think it depends on if the Brett thing is resolved or not." 

He sighed softly, while his eye lids fell shut.

"Night, Ethan." Shakira called, while slipping out the door.

"Night," he mumbled back.

Thanks to the drugs, it hadn't taken him long at all to pass out.