Moving In

Rose's P.O.V:

"Lily! Come on!" I yelled to my cousin Lily Potter who was talking to her current boyfriend Gabe Thomas.

"Gabie! I'll talk to you later, okay?" She talked in baby talk and I rolled my eyes. Ugh, Lily can be such a girl sometimes.

"Okay Lils." Gabe told her obviously getting a little embarrassed.

"Come on Lily." I told her laughing along with Gabe's friends.

We got to the school and walked through the front doors. We passed the first years who looked very nervous and I felt the need to introduce myself. Just as I had this thought, Malfoy walked by. So, I pulled him over with me to the group of kids.

"Hello everyone! My name is Rose Weasley and I'm Head Girl and this is Scorpius Malfoy and he's Head Boy. I know you may be a little nervous about getting sorted, but it's really nothing to worry about. Whichever house you'll be in, you'll be happy. And nobody will treat you differently because of your house. Well, good luck!" I finished and it looked like I reassured most of them because they all looked pretty calm.

"Wow, you're really good with kids! Who would've thought!" He joked and I punched his arm playfully. I laughed and looked back at the kids. A brunette girl with straight hair and blue eyes was whispering to a blonde girl with curly hair and brown eyes.

"Do you think they're dating?" She asked the blonde girl and she shrugged. I turned bright red. I didn't think Malfoy heard so I just tried to forget about it and walked into the Great Hall.

I sat down next to Hugo and Lily and waited for the sorting ceremony to start. Once it did I started to take notes.

I know what you're thinking. Come on Rose Weasley why are you taking notes on 11 year olds? Well, these were the kids I had to pretty much take care of this year. And if they got in trouble, Malfoy and I would have to know how to deal with them based on their personalities.

After the sorting was over Hugo was very excited that it was time to eat. The plates appeared in front of us and he dove right in. I felt distracted for some reason, I looked over at the Slytherin table. Over at Scorpius and Albus. And then just at Scorpius. He looked up and his eyes met mine. We were both staring at each other for a couple of seconds when we both suddenly looked away.

After the feast McGonagall dismissed the rest of the students and walked Scorpius and I to our dorms.

McGonagall said the password and led us into our own private common room. It was actually a decent size given Malfoy and I both do a lot of homework. Eventually McGonagall left and told us to find her if we have any questions.

"So, I'm going to go unpack." I told Malfoy and he nodded.

"Same." He agreed walking up the stairs to his room. I went up to mine.

I started to unpack my stuff when I heard Malfoy's voice calling me.

"Weasley! Your friends here." I understood completely. That's what Malfoy called Sam Finnigan, my boyfriend. I don't know why he hates him so much, he's such a nice person.

I walked down to the common room and saw Sam sitting on the couch and Malfoy standing up awkwardly.

"Sam! Hi!" I said excitedly and hugged him, he gave me a peck on the lips.

"Hey Rosie." Sam said to me. I didn't really like it when he called me that. That nickname was reserved for my family only, but I let it go.

"How've you been?" I asked him and he pulled a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I've been well but, what's he still doing here?" He asked looking behind me at Malfoy and I laughed. Malfoy took this as a hint and left with an angry look upon his face.

What's his problem?