The Date

Rose's P.O.V:

After the quidditch match, I convinced Scorpius to relax a little before our date (which he insisted we have). We went back to our common room and sat by the fireplace.

"Why is it always us?" I asked him as he rubbed my small baby bump. He looked up at me and tilted his head.

"What do you mean, love?" I leaned in to cuddle him. I needed to tell him about Z, things were getting too complicated to hide it from him any longer. Especially since it threatened our family.

"There's something I haven't told you..." I said sitting up on the couch, he sat up and held my hands.

"Is something wrong? Is it the baby?" He became flustered and nervous, I took a deep breath.

"I've been getting threats. From someone called 'Z'." He looked shocked, worried, violated, and angry all at once. I'm surprised he didn't explode.

"What do you mean they're threatening you?" His forehead was wrinkled as he looked at me anxiously awaiting an answer.

"I've gotten notes, the first was right before the ball, when I found out I was pregnant." I told him, his eyes widened. "It's also how I found out you were in the Chamber of Secrets with that death eater."

His face became an even darker shade of red. A few minutes passed, and we sat in silence. He was still trying to process everything I had just told him. I felt like a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders. Finally, he stood up and extended his hand, I reached out and grabbed it. He led me towards the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we walked down the hallway towards the front doors. He turned to me and smiled, we continued walking.

"I'm taking you out on a proper date." He wrapped one of his muscular arms around me and we continued out the doors and down the path towards Hagrid's Hut. I've been to Hagrid's Hut many times, but never had I seen the beautiful field that was behind it.

As we made our way through the long grass to an area near a small pond, I saw a large checkered picnic blanket surrounded by candles and vases of red and white roses. Fairy lights were strung on the tree branches above it, and it looked like something right out of a fairytale.

"So, what do you think?" He asked with a small grin forming on his mouth. I walked over to him and planted a loving kiss on his lips. He wrapped his arms around me and we hugged, I had never felt more safe in my life. Once we were sat on the picnic blanket Scorpius pulled out what appeared to be a wine bottle, right before I said something he interrupted.

"When I pictured this, I thought that it would make it even more romantic if I poured us both a glass of wine to go with our meal. But, since you are indeed pregnant and cannot drink, I decided to serve us pumpkin juice instead." He started to chuckle, obviously feeling foolish.

"Scorpius Malfoy, you are officially the cutest thing ever. I love you almost as much as I love pumpkin juice!" I joked, I grabbed the bottle from him and poured myself a huge glass of pumpkin juice.

During our night, I almost completely forgot about everything else that was going on in our lives. That was until I saw a nervous Albus Potter bounding down the hill towards us. Scorpius stood up to great him while I remained seated.

"Hurry! Hogwarts is in lockdown! We need to go now, McGonagall was going mental trying to find you two!" I've never heard Albus talk like this, with sheer terror in his voice. Scorpius immediately helped me up off the ground and we all started to run towards Hogwarts.

We got there just in time, the gates were about to close when the McGonagall and the guards spotted us. We ran through the gates with McGonagall right behind us.

"Thank Merlin you all are alright! Everyone is to report to the Great Hall with their necessary belongings in 10 minutes." With a nod of her head, she glided down the hall towards her office.

"What is going on Albus?" I asked with a straight face as my eyes welled up with tears. Scorpius placed his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

"I have no idea, your guess is as good as mine. It must be pretty bad though, dad is on his way with the rest of the aurors." He checked his watch, and started to walk gesturing for us to follow him. On our way to collect our things, my phone started to buzz. My mum was calling me and I saw that Lily had texted me multiple times.

"Mum?"

"Oh Rose, thank Merlin you're okay! Where are you?"

"We're on our way back to the common room to get our things now. What's going on?"

"I'm not sure, I was going to bed when your father told me he was going to help Harry with this whole thing. He just left a few minutes back."

"Why is dad coming? He's not even an auror any more!"

"I don't know Rose, is everyone safe? Where is your brother?!"

"He's with Lily in the Great Hall already. I'm with Albus and Scorpius."

"Alright Rosie I have to go get Ginny, take care of yourself and that grandchild of mine, I'll call you soon. I love you darling."

"Alright, I love you too mum."

After Albus, Scorpius, and I gathered our belongings we ran to the Great Hall. We pushed the doors open, and inside were all of the students, professors, caretakers, and aurors. No one was making a sound, everyone was so nervous.

Across the hall I saw my father and Uncle Harry standing next to each other in their old auror uniforms. My sea blue eyes met my father's and he gave me a look that told me this wasn't good, whatever it was. I followed Al and Scorp over to the crowd of students.