Family Dinner

Rose's P.O.V:

Today was already a nightmare. I had woke up and thrown up everywhere, I wasn't even aware I was sick. And then Scorpius and I got caught snogging in an abandoned classroom by none other by Professor Longbottom.

I was now sat in the Head Boy/Girl common room with Scorpius, a damp cloth placed upon my forehead.

"Are you sure you're alright? I can stay in tonight if you want." He suggested reaching over to me and playing with my ginger curls.

"No, you need to hang out with your friends, you barely see them anymore." I told him and he shook his head.

"Well, Zack cancelled and Martin's got detention. So basically it's just going to be Al and I, and we hang out almost everyday. I don't think he'll be disappointed." He laughed and I smiled up at him.

"I love you." I told him and he bent down so his lips were an inch from mine and said,

"I love you too, Weaslette." He joked and pressed his lips to mine.

I sat up and placed the cloth on the table, I then moved myself so I was sat upon Scorpius' lap. I kissed him passionately and he returned the kiss. I pulled away temporarily to pull off his shirt, my lips then met his once again.

Right when things were about to get serious I heard the door open. I jumped off of Scorpius and placed myself on the couch next to him and threw a book his way (to pretend he was reading). My mum walked through the door and ran towards me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Rose, we've missed you so much!" She exclaimed and I hugged her back, trying not to throw up again because I was being squeezed so tight. Next to us my dad had walked over to Scorpius who stood up and shook his hand politely. Dad shot Scorpius a look when seeing he was wearing no shirt but recovered from it quickly.

"Hi dad." I greeted my father as he pulled me into another bone crushing hug.

"Hiya Rosie, how've you been?" He asked and I smiled.

"I've been great. But er, not to sound rude or anything, why are you guys here?" I asked shyly and mum and dad turned to look at each other smiling.

"We decided to come and have a fancy dinner with you tonight at the parents ball. You didn't forget did you?" My mum asked, I laughed nervously and shook my head.

"Of course I didn't forget, I'm very much looking forward to that actually. Well, I must go get dressed and do my hair so, goodbye." I stated and I ran to the stairs leading up to my room.

I had owled Lily and she had agreed to take me to Gladrags to get a dress for tonight.

Once we arrived I gave the lady working there my dress size and she picked out a few dresses for me to try on.

The first dress I tried on was baby blue and was strapless, the zipper was in the back where I couldn't reach so I asked Lily to come in and zip it for me.

"It won't, *ugh*, zip!" She complained and I turned to her confused.

"But this is my size, isn't it?" I asked her and she nodded taking a look at the tag.

"Either you've gained 3 pounds overnight or..." She stopped talking and looked at me in the eyes and tears started to form around the edges of her beautiful brown eyes.

"Lily, is something wrong?" I asked getting slightly alarmed by her expression.

"We need to go, now." She told me, grabbed my arm and pulled me from the dressing room into the paths of Hogsmeade and up to the castle.