The Quidditch Match

Rose's P.O.V:

When we finally reached the quidditch pitch Scorpius pulled me in for another hug.

"I know that we couldn't spend much time together today. But I'd really like to take you out tonight." He whispered in my ear, I smiled. We pulled away and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Why Mr.Malfoy, if I didn't know any better I would think you were asking me out on a date!" I grinned and he smirked, leaning in to kiss me passionately.

"Oy! Get away from my cousin you prick!" The joking voice of my cousin Teddy Lupin yelled at Scorpius. Scorp immediately jumped back and stood up straight.

"Teddy! You'll wake the baby!" My cousin Victoire scolded her fiancé. Scorpius and I laughed, and Teddy shrugged.

"You two are laughing now but soon it'll be you." Teddy chuckled, Scorpius cleared his throat and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"I don't want to be late. Good to see you Teddy, Victoire!" He said before jogging into the Slytherin locker room.

"Alright, let me see the baby!" I walked over to where Victoire was holding the baby in the carrier. Her blonde hair fell in already long-ish locks on her forehead, her blue Weasley eyes fluttered open to look at me.

"She's gotten so big!" I exclaimed, Victoire's smile faded into a slight frown. She looked up at me.

"How are you doing Rose? I know pregnancy was difficult for me and I wasn't even attending school and going through everything you are." She sounded concerned, I continued to play with the baby not looking up to Victoire, afraid my emotions would get the best of me.

"I'm alright, you know Scorpius has been really helpful and good to me. And everyone at Hogwarts has been really supportive." A giggle from the baby made all three of us smile.

"Alright, what are we all standing here for? We've got a game to watch!" Teddy yelled enthusiastically again, and received another glare from Victoire.

We made our way to the stands and sat in the Gryffindor section. In the distance I saw my cousins warming up for the game, and I missed it desperately.

"Oh before I forget! Grandma Molly wanted to know if you and Scorpius would be coming sometime during Spring Break." I smiled, the thought of being with my family made me feel safe and warm inside.

As I was about to respond to Victoire, a memory came to me:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 month ago- at the parents ball

"Rose! It's lovely to see you!" Mrs.Malfoy exclaimed, Mr.Malfoy smiled at me cheerfully.

"I was just telling Scorpius how you two should come over to the house over the break! Doesn't that sound lovely!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh bloody hell!" I exclaimed, Victoire gasped and many people turned their heads to look at me.

"Is that a no?" Teddy chuckled, I glared back at him.

"I told Mrs.Malfoy I would go to Malfoy Manor for break!" I threw my head into my hands and groaned.

"Why would you do that?!" Victoire asked.

"Because I had just found out I was pregnant..." I sighed, Victoire's harsh look softened a bit and she rubbed my arm comfortingly.

"Well that's alright, just make it so you can be at the Burrow for the majority of the break." She grinned and I nodded.

"Oh! It's starting!" Teddy exclaimed as the players started to zoom through the air over the pitch.

I could see Al and Scorp in the distance, giving each other a pep talk before the match. My eyes drifted to the Gryffindor goal posts where I saw my replacement, Daniella Brown. My eyebrows furrowed with anger, my childhood bully had replaced me on the team.

Her gaze seemed to be fixed on Al and Scorp and my anger worsened. Daniella and Scorpius had dated briefly in 4th year, which of course made 14 year old me super jealous (but I wouldn't have admitted it).

As the match got more intense I couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. The Slytherin players were acting quite odd, and people were starting to notice. The brooms were shifting and making the players bump into each other and the snitch kept bumping into the ground and walls.

Once the match was over and the players started to land on the ground, Scorpius' broom made him fly upwards and wouldn't stop. McGonagall and the other professors were casting every spell they knew that could possibly help but nothing did.

My heart dropped as Albus tried to help but was thrown off his broom before he could even get back on. No one could help.

Teddy ran down to the pitch to see if he could do anything while Victoire comforted me. I stood up and started to run after Teddy.

"Rose! Come back!" Victoire yelled after me, but I kept running. I ran down the staircase and onto the pitch. Scorpius was almost out of sight.

"Burn the broom." I told the group of people on the pitch. They all looked back at me like I was crazy, which I was at that moment.

"Burn the broom and then catch him. Now!" I screamed at them. They grabbed their wands and Professor McGonagall started.

"Incendio!" She yelled and several others got ready to catch him.

"Scorpius jump!" I screamed as loud as I could. He must've heard me because once the flame touched the broom, he jumped. Several professors shouted "Wingardium Leviosa!"

I felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest. Life turned to slow motion and for a second I wondered what my life would become without Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, tears rushed from my scared eyes.

As soon as he started nearing the ground more and more people were participating in the effort to help him. Life was no longer in slow motion as his body was pulled upward a bit just before he hit the ground, placing him right on his feet.

Before anyone could do anything, I rushed towards him and wrapped my body around him as tight as I could. He returned the tight squeeze and in a normal Scorpius fashion said,

"So, how about that date, Weasley?"