Chapter 10 - Let Me Explain

Elsa POV

"Elsa. Explanation. Now." Astrid gave me the death glare from the passenger seat.

"eh, W-Well the thing is."  I shrunk down onto the car seat twiddling my thumbs "I'mkindaJackFrost'sgirlfriend, pleasedon'thateme."

"What the hell happened to 'Never date a man you just met'." The look of disapproval on her face made me cringe. Of course she doesn't believe me. Oh, great I have to tell everyone about this stupid game now? Ugh what a pain in the back.

"I made a deal with frosty, that we were to be fake lovers and test each other on who would fall in love first, happy?" I grunted, crossed my arms looking through the window.

She face-palmed, "Elsa you're an idiot-"

"or a complete genius!" Peter pointed out. Astrid turned her attention to him and gave him an ' are you kidding me look'. "Just think of it, Astrid. This is what we all have been waiting for, Jack getting a taste of his own medicine. Even better, getting beaten at his own game." Astrid looked like she need to recollect herself and the features on her face began to soften.

"Hey, carrot-top ain't wrong." Kristoff added, "I'd pay to see Jack Frost be sore love-sick loser over Elsa."

"I could kinda see that happening, only if Els could handle it." Mavis proposed eyeing me.

"I think I could manage, besides Love is a just a four-letter, right?" From the corner of my eye I saw Astrid glance back at me, it was almost like a pity-look. "Don't worry I'll be fine." I assured her.

"This better not backfire, you got that?" She scoffed turning back to her seat.

Once we made it to the mall, we walked into the Arcade. Filled with addictive games, and incredibly loud kids. All the guys decided to have a few rounds of Fix it Felix and Sugar Rush. Astrid, Mavis, and me went to the food bar, practically where all the parents were. We ordered a large pizza and drinks for six and sat down.

"I'm guessing this all happened on Friday?" Astrid inquired, which I just nodded in response. She sighed, " Elsa, I appreciate what you're doing. Trying to teach Frost a lesson, which we all want. But you always talk about not falling in love and you think that it's absolutely hopeless, but don't you remember him?"

I frowned, looked at the ground, " We can't do anything about that now." Astrid leaned back in her chair, looking guilty of bringing him up.

" Um, who's he?" Mavis, who looked like she felt out of place, asked cautiously eyeing the both of us. I felt Astrid look at me, looking for a sign of approval to tell her, but I kept staring at the ground, not wanting to answer to question.

" Her ex-boyfriend" She shortly replied sounding dejected. Mavis kept silent after that.

Astrid kept looking at me, which started to really annoy me, so I lifted my eyes to look at her "What?"

She squinted her eyes and pointed out, "I haven't seen you put your hair like that in forever." She laughed slightly, " Special occasion?"

" Well, one of Frost's conditions was to change up my hairstyle, so I'm getting used to it." I shrugged.

"Glasses?"

"That too"

One of the employers served the pizza we ordered and by that time we saw Peter, Kristoff, and Pitch came back.

"You guys should've watched Peter lose to a 12-year old!" Kristoff laughed as he plopped onto his seat.

Peter burned up, "Okay, he was more like a 14 and it was just dumb luck."