Chapter 4 - New Doors

Elsa POV

I came back home earlier than Anna, of course. It was the third time this week. She spent her hours missing her shifts at our Uncle's ice-cream shop and wasting it on that sad excuse of a boyfriend. Last night she came back home tipsy, smiling like a clueless idiot and I just watched her in apathy. I thought I would feel worried, scared even. But, I didn't. I tried to warn her, she should've known what she was getting into.

We haven't talked since then. I inhaled a deep breath and I embraced the silence of no Anna and let out a long sigh. I set my backpack down and head towards the kitchen to pull out a fudgsicle from the freezer.

"Anna?" I heard Uncle Marshmallow from the front door. Running footsteps were heading towards my direction and it sprinted past the doorway of the kitchen, disapear in up our staircase.

Anna?

My feet moved on their own as they chased after her. Her figure disappearing into her room with a faint click on the other side of the door following after. My hand gripped the knob and shook it violently, but the door didn't budge.

"Anna, open the door!" I demanded through the thick walls.

"I told you to leave me alone didn't I?!" I heard her sobs from the other side. That sound made my whole body wince, it was like hearing nails on a chalkboard. I hated that sound, and I thought I would never hear it ever again. As her bellowed sobs played like a sad song on repeat, everything below my chest crumbled.

I felt like I almost lost it. I lost feeling everywhere. Gravity was forcing me down, bringing a heavy constrain on my chest. I haven't felt this in a while, not since that day in the hospital.

I kicked the door decorated with lavender tulips and violets, paint chips were flying everywhere. "Anna, open the damn door!" I kicked it once more, pounding it with my fists, until I felt Uncle Marshmallow's strong arms wrap around me, restricting my every move.

"Elsa stop." He warned, "It would be best to leave her alone."

I only bawled my first and grit my teeth in response as I shrugged off my Uncles arms of my shoulders with the strength that I had left, "Get off of me." I hissed venomously.

"Leave us alone." I commanded him. I craned my neck for our eyes to meet. My eyes traveled threatening like glaciers, darkening like an impending storm. "I will talk to her."

A look he hasn't seen in years. A look of danger. And he knew it well.

My uncle clenched his jaw in defeat and his eyes dropped in understanding. He looked over to my cousin and signaled him to follow him out.

Olaf's gaze fell and caressed the door with his small hand with worry, "Anna..." He trailed behind his dad as he went downstairs.

I rested my forehead on the door, staring at the chips and dents with fogged up eyes, fat tears begging to fall, ones that I made from my early rage—or was it fear? I sighed and shook my head I shouldn't be thinking about myself right now all that mattered was Anna.

I whispered desperately, hoping my words would reach her. "Please don't shut me out again, please don't slam door." I voice started to shake with the rest of my body, "You don't have to keep your distance anymore."

My fists started to ball up again, my nails dug into my skin. A slight whimper found its way through my throat. " I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry it took so long for me to notice. I didn't know that I needed you, but I really do." My eyebrows forced themselves down and my eyes squinted painfully keeping my tears from escaping but failing to do so as I felt hot trails slide down my cheeks.