Chapter 14 - Game On

Elsa POV

The door chimed open.

"Am I in the middle of something?"

I took one more look at Henry—or Hiccup—in which he goes by now. He looks so different that I barely recognized him. For starters, he much taller than me now and his body now shared a very athletic build. Hair, longer; Voice, deeper. He was different. Not the socially awkward nerd I used to know. He's hanging around people like Jack Frost now, the "populars".  Why now? Was the question spinning in my head. Why did he tell me now? I should feel happy to see him, but why didn't recognize him until now. We always had one class together. He should've said something.

I clenched my teeth in annoyance and turned away to place my full attention to the owner of the voice, Jack Frost, who was at the door with his signature unamused look.

"Hey Jack, what brings you here?" I replied casually.

"Well, I came here looking for my best friend." He replied in the same tone as me, "But, I could ask you the same thing." 

"Hiccup invited me." I stated, refusing to bring down my eyes to glared at him. He looked at me with the same stare he gave me after I told Peter about the game.

And for some reason he always pops in at the worst times.

Jack's eyes traced back to Henry who was apparent at the tension building right next to him. Sweat drops started to form on his forehead as he frantically dodged the look me and Jack were giving, like a criminal getting caught with breaking the law.

Jack's playful mask wandered on his face again, "Care if I joined you guys?"

I heard Henry swallow an audible gulp, "I-I thought y-you did like coffee?"

"No problem, man." He signaled the waitress and pointed at my hot chocolate, "I'll have whatever she's having." The waitress nodded and head to the back to prepare it for him.

Jack pulled up a seat next to me and scooted closer to the point where our arms pressing against each other's. I gave him a questioning look and only saw the devilish smirk curved on his pale lips. He brought his arm over my shoulder and pulled me right into his chest. My cheeks burned cherry-red and he knew. Oh, how he knew pissed me off.

I was about to break myself out of his hold, until Henry said, "So, you and Jack huh?" My eyes looked back up at his switching forced smile as he looked at us with such disheartened eyes.

This could only mean. I looked up at Jack who kept an apathetic smug smile. He told him. He already told him that we were together.

"Yup, she's the one I've been tellin' ya about Hic." Jack said, but it sounded almost like warning sign. He laughed it off, "Enough about us. I didn't know you guys knew each other."

"We have art class together." I was quick to reply. I figured since if Jack didn't know, Henry probably didn't want him too.

"Oh? So I've heard. I'm glad you two art nerds are getting along." Jack swooned, "It makes things much more easier for me. Usually Hic isn't very fond of my girlfriends." He whispers to me loud enough for Hiccup to hear, "He isn't exactly popular with the ladies~ but don't tell him that okay—Ow! What the frick, Hic?!" Henry managed to chuck a creamer cup at Jack's forehead.

"I can't believe girls still fall for you when you say words like 'frick'." Henry ridiculed.

It truly is a mystery how these two became friends.