Grey skys

1year later
Taylor's POV

My mom died a year ago, I didn't bother to show up at her funeral. My whole life has fallen apart but having a baby sister here makes things a little better, she turned 3 last month and her name is Faith. She was born hours  before our my mom passed away that's kinda the reason why we named her Faith.

Talking about Faith, Tayna also had her baby. She named her Skyler. They both did everything together, and they dressed exactly alike. Everyone was so happy but me I just wanted to die.

Tomorrow was our graduation and I'm not too sure I wanted to go. I've missed school very often to take care of my mom, Jason had to work and I didn't want my friends to miss school just for me.

I still don't understand why my mom had to die, they cured a lot of patients which the same type of disease so why couldn't they cure her?  A tear fell from my eyes and at the same time someone was there to wipe it away.

I looked around and saw Darius, this guy is so hard to deal with it's like the more I push him away is the more he comes back. I love that he's here for me but I just wanted to be alone.

"w-hat are you doing here, and h-how did you even get in?" I asked him softly.

He didn't answer, he continued to play with my hair and fingers. I pushed his hands away and stood up. As soon as I was about to leave he gabbed me by my waist and pulled me into him.

"What!!" I shouted while trying to get out of this grip.

"Look Tay, I'm sorry your mom died I really am. Your not the only person that's sad, your friends miss you, your teachers are worried about you. Damn Tay I miss you, you've been locked in this house for months now, I hardly see you everyday I call but you wouldn't answer. So I asked you step dad and he gave me the keys to your house. Taylor I know your mom and she wouldn't be happy knowing that your here sitting just grieving her death" he said how with tears in his eyes.

Now i was fully crying, I know what he said was  right but it wouldn't stop me from missing my mom. He stared deeply into my eyes looking for something but what. To me my eyes were emotionless, no happiness no sadness no hurt. But somehow he knew exactly what I was feeling.

"I-I just miss her so much" I finally said wrapping my arms around him and crying on his shoulder.

"I know you do babe, everyone does" he replied rubbing my back in little circles.

After a while I felt bodies hugging me and of course I knew it was my girls and guys. I have the most thoughtful friends in the world, they were always there for me when I needed them.

"D-Did you guys break into my house to" I said giggling a little.

Everyone watched me in amazement, yeah I haven't laughed in a long while but it wasn't something to be surprised about.

Darius cleared his throat and clapped his hand together.

"So didn't you guys have something to tell Taylor" He said with a smirk.

"I totally forgot, here" Glenique replied handing me a paper.

I glared at them then looked down at the paper, I slowly fold it out and that's when I noticed it was a letter.

Dear Taylor,
As you know tomorrow is graduation and Mary Ann was suppose to give the speech but sadly she called and said she couldn't make it. I would like if you could do the honors of writing and presenting the graduation speech. You might be wondering why you but your an amazing writer and with everything you've been through I know your speech is going to be pretty interesting.

Yours truly,
Principle Weston

"But I'm not going to the graduation" I sigh running my hands through my hair.

"Of course you are, we've been planning this for months Tay you can't just bail on us" Danielle said sadly.

"I have to baby sit Faith and besides I have nothing to wear to prom" I replied without even looking at her, every time she's sad she does her face away that always made me give in.

"Don't worry we've got that cover" Kisha replied.

She reached behind the couch and pulled out three dresses, a black puffy long one, a purple see through one and there's the one I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. It was pink and short, it had lace at the top and the bottom of the dress was full of ruffles.

"H-how w-where w-hat" it was hard for me to speak, I was amazed and surprised at the same time.

"Dream boy, over there bought them for you. We didn't know which one you would like so we just picked up the top three of our favorite. By the look of it, I can see you like the I picked out. I told them you would love it better but they just wouldn't listen" Olina said with a huge smirk on her face.

"Oh and don't worry about Faith, Jason took the day off tomorrow so he could take care of her so everything is already set" Thomas added in.

"Thank you guys, I don't know what to say this means a lot" I replied still stocked that Darius would buy me three dresses and these look really expensive.

"Go get started on your speech we don't want to disturb you so it's time for us to leave" Juynor stated.

Darius placed a kiss on my lip and before I could say anything they were gone. So now I'm home alone again.

I grabbed a book an pencil out of my bag pack and started to gather my thoughts. I decided I should keep it real so I started like this :

      "Today I present a speech in front of my whole graduating class,  families and friends. Despite my huge fear of public speaking, I have the honor of bringing you this speech. This is just the beginning, we've made it this far and trust me it wasn't easy. My mom always told me nothing is over until he moment you've stop trying. In life things that go wrong are the same things that leads to other things going right. Someone I love deeply also told me every disappointment is a blessing and in high school there's a lot of disappointments.

I closed the book and started to think, my mom would be really proud of me right now. Everything I do from now on I do it for her, your here In my heart mom I love you. A tear threatened to fall from my eyes but I wouldn't let it.

I got up from the couch and went to my room. My phone started beeping and I notice i got a message from Jason.

Jason~

Hey sweetheart I picked Faith up from by her grandma and were at father daughter day at my work. I'll see you later tonight sleep well.

I stuffed my phone under my pillow and closed my eyes slowly. Tomorrow is going to be one of the best days ever.

________________________________

Updated!!

One more chapter until it's completely finish. Thanx guys for the support, continue to :

Vote
Comment
Share

Thanx again😊