Chapter 13

y/n's POV

The next day that followed was pretty much like Monday, me and Bill hanging out, and then working at the register. But today was Wednesday, which meant the fact I had to play piano in front of gods know how many people.

I was currently pacing around the room, attempting to get the nervousness out of my system, but with no avail. It was 5:50, which meant that Dipper and Mabel weren't going to wake up soon. I wasn't able to get a lot of sleep that night.

I kept thinking about what would happen if I messed up, if I froze up on stage. Yeah, I did the talent show, but that was in front of a lot of students, which most of them I knew and they wouldn't criticize me. (A/n that happened last year. Btws I'm going to 7th next September)

I decided to go down stair and practice so I wouldn't mess up, and at the same time learn a new song. I ran down stairs without making a sound and took out my phone. I looked for a song that seemed interesting and was good. I eventually got See You Again. I thought it was nice, since my talent show did end with that song, but that was about 14 years ago. I took my ear buds out and listen to the song three times, before attempting to play.

I wiped my sweaty hands on my pj pants and lifted them to the notes. I replayed the song, repeatedly stopping it to learn a part and see how it would sound. Little did I know, a certain Dorito was watching me.

Bill's POV

I stood in the corner of the room as y/n started to play the song on her piano, thingy. It kinda surprised me at first that she learned the song fast, but then remembered the fact that she had the ability from Apollo.

She finished and I walked up to her and wrapped my arm around her waist, which surprised her, because the next thing I knew, I was on the ground with her foot on my chest and her sword point under my chin.

"Gesh, relax y/n. It's just me." I said, teleporting next to her.

"Oh, sorry, I got startled. I don't really like when someone touches me from behind." she said, laughing nervously and looking embarrassed.

"You're nervous about today, aren't you?" I said, smirking a her.

She sighed and puffed her cheeks out, which looked adorable.

"Yea, I don't want to sound bad, and I don't want to embarrass Stan, and, ugh, there are so many things." She said, laying her head on the keyboard.

"Oh, come on. You'll do great. You literally learned that song in less than an hour." I said, putting a lock of her soft hair behind her ear. She sighed again. "You think?" She asked. "No, I know." I said, kissing her forehead. I saw her turn red for a second before replaying the song. I happily put my arm around her waist, and this time she didn't flip me over and sword point.

"Well, I see some one was practicing."

We both jumped and turned around, me with a laser gun and her with fire in her hands. We saw Stanley, who had hid behind Stanford, who was looking at y/n with wide eyes.

"Oh. Hephaestus." she said, explaining the fire.

"Wow, now I know how you feel when I snuck up on you." I said, floating.

She laughed. "Yeah, but seriously, what are you doing up at," she looked at her watch. "Oh, it's 6:53 already." she said.

"Yea, and you should get dressed." Stanley said, coming from behind his brother, pointing at y/n.

She sighed, snapped her fingers, and vanished, probably to go get dressed.

"What are you doing here, Cipher?" Stanford asked, crossing is arms. "Just listening to her play." I said, floating next to him. He eyed me suspiciously. "Fine, but no funny business." he said, backing from the door, his eyes on me.