Chapter 19

Y/n's POV

"Here's your change!" I said, giving a costumer their change.

"Thanks! But why are you in your pj's?" The woman asked, pointing to my attire.

"Oh, because I'm starting a new tradition! Work with your pj's day!" I shouted. "I'm not the only one doing it." I added.

Just then Bill walked in, wearing a yellow shirt and black shorts, instead of his pj's. He had two sodas in his hands.

"Hey?! You're supposed to be wearing your pj's!" I exclaimed, pointing to mine. I pouted.

"Oh, your actually doing that? I thought you were joking." He said, handing me a pitt soda.

"Thanks, but I wasn't joking. Go put them on!" I yelled, pointing to the door.

"Never! We didn't agree on this!" He shouted, before running out the room.

"Oh, I'll get him later." I said, looking at the door. "So, I guess I am the only one in my pj's." I said to the woman.

She laughed. "Yes, I guess you are." 

"Whatever. I'll still get the others to do it." I said.

"I'm sure you will. But, anyway, are you two a couple?" She asked.

I turned as red as Stan's fez. "W-what?! N-no, we're not together." I said, stuttering a little bit.

She raised her eyebrow. "Ok," she started.

"Anyway, enjoy your day! Remember, we put the 'fun' in 'no refunds'!" I said, waving as she left.

"I wish." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" 

I jumped off my seat and fell down. I got back up to see Wendy and Soos.

I sighed. "Wait, did that lady dude ask if you and the triangle guy were together?" Soos asked.

I nodded. "I said no," I answered.

"Oh, but what did you say right now?" Wendy asked.

"Nothing important." I said.

"Y/n, tell us." Wendy said.

"Fine, I said I wish, I wish we were together." I said quietly, blushing.

"Seriously?" Soos asked. 

I nodded. "Mabel's trying to get us together. And don't tell him!" I said.

They both nodded. Wendy made a gesture as if locking her mouth shut and throwing away the key, while Soos turned his hat backwards. I smiled.

"Wendy! Soos! Get over here!" Stan yelled.

Wendy sighed. "See ya later." She said, while Soos waved.

I sighed and went back to work.

Wendy's POV

Wow, she likes Bill, that's shocking.

We went to the living room to see Stan, Ford, Mabel, Dipper and Bill.

"What?" I asked.

"Mabel, shoot." Ford said.

"Ok, so next Thursday and Friday, the 20th and 21st, the shack is closed." Mabel started.

"Whoop!" I cheered.

"But, you two are still coming to work those days." Mabel said.

"Seriously?!" I complained.

"Because, Thursday, we are all going to decorate for Y/n's birthday! Bill is going to spend the whole day with her to distract her while we put up decorations. Then on the 21st, we're going to celebrate." Mabel said.

"Oh, ok." I said, liking the idea.

"If you need me, I will ask y/n to spend Thursday with me." Bill said, and snapped, teleporting to the gift shop.

I went over to Mabel. "So how's the plan going?" I asked.

"Not so well," she said. "I still don't know the perfect time for it to happen." 

"What are you talking about?" Ford asked, Stan behind him.

"Oh, well, er, uh, we're, trying to get y/n together with Bill." Mabel said.

"Oh, but how do you even know if she likes him?" Stan asked.

"Oh, she does." I said.

"She does?! So she lied to us the first day?" Ford said.

"Yeah, she did." Dipper answered.

"Well, she's a good liar, I can use that!" Stan said, running out the room.

"Oh god," I said.

Y/n's POV

I was sitting at the register, bored to death, when Bill walked in.

"Hey, um, y/n?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Well, uh, I was wondering if, um, next Thursday, if you wanted to, I don't know, spend like the whole day with me doing stuff?" He asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Hades yeah!" I said, very excited.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, I would love to spend the day with you." I said.

"Oh, great!" He said, and left the room.

I was smiling, very happy. Finally, a whole day with Bill. This is going to be great.

Bill's POV

She said yes! She actually said yes!

I walked into the living room to see everyone talking.

"Uh, guys?" I said.

They all looked at me. "So how did it go?" Mabel asked 

"She said yes!" I said, smiling widely.

"That's great!" She said. "So we know she'll be distracted for the day. But remember, Bill, don't bring her to the shack without telling us." 

I nodded. Y/n walked in.

"Ok, I closed up shack, and I am tired." She said.

"Why are in your pj's?" Stan asked.

"Oh yeah, I didn't see that." Wendy said.

"Oh, I tried to start work with your pj's day, but someone didn't help out after I told him to!" She shouted the last part and glared daggers at me.

"Sorry! I thought you we're playing around." I said, defending myself.

She rolled her eyes, and sat down on the couch. 

"At least I'm in my pj's." She said. I chuckled.

"Hey, anyone want pancakes for dinner?" I asked.

"Yeah! Breakfast for dinner rules!" Y/n yelled.

The rest nodded. "Give me 20 minutes!" I said.

"Ok, I'm going to go." Wendy said.

"Me too." Soos said. 

I went to the kitchen and started the pancakes. "Ok Cipher, you got y/n to say yes to a whole day with you, all you got to do is wait another week." I told myself, knowing that I couldn't wait 10 days.