20. Architect My Butt!

"If you're a bird, then I'm a bird!" I wailed along with Allie, the main character from The Notebook. Hugging my box of chocolates to my chest, I sobbed, crying at how beautiful and sad the movie is. Although I've seen it about a hundred times, I can't help but to feel sad all over again as if I'm watching it for the first time.

Without knocking, Jace entered my room, searching around with intense eyes before looking directly at me. At the sight of me she rolled her eyes, deflating with lack of interest. "I thought I heard you dying in here but no, you're just in here fucking crying. What is the matter with you, what are you doing?"

"I'm watching The Notebook." I sniffled, snuggling closer in my blankets.

She smacked her lips. "Oh my God, you've seen this movie a billion times."

"Just because I've seen it a billion times, it doesn't mean that it loses its appeal."

"Whatever, you're a freaking loser. I'm going to the store, see you later." With a shake of her head, she slammed my door behind her.

Why am I watching sad movies like The Notebook, Dear John, Titanic, Marley and Me, A Walk to remember, and more? Because Justin pooping hates my guts. For the past two weeks I've gone to work, texted Justin without him answering my texts, and then holed up into my room to watch sad movies and make myself feel more miserable than I already feel.

While I've been in my room, I've also taken it upon myself to do some research on things that people think I'm so naïve about. Like sex for example. I've read Sex For Dummies, Sex 101, and even Fifty Shades of Grey. On top of that, I've even watched ungodly porn for skittles sakes! I've learned a lot for this man, yet he's still mad at me.

Picking up my phone, I scrolled through all of my messages that he hasn't responded to.

Saturday

Hey, want to get together for movies and smoothies? I am free tonight I had to work on my logs all day but I'm done now.

Sunday

Want to go for a run this afternoon? We can stop later and get smoothies afterwards at that one place we both happen to frequent :)

Tuesday

I miss you, Justin. I wish you'd talk to me.

Friday

Look I'm sorry about that other night. Please call me. We need to talk.

Wednesday

Justin, are you okay? PLEASE talk to me.

Saturday

Justin?

Monday

Fine, I understand.

I slammed my phone down onto my bed and ran frustrated fingers through my hair. I understand that he is probably angry at his parents for how the dinner went two weeks ago but that was not my fault. That next morning when he woke up he was normal, fine even and I thought he just didn't want to talk about it. Then we got into this stupid fight and I guess he is angry with me now. Honestly, thinking back over it, it all happened so fast.

Waking up, Justin grumbled, "Whoa, what time is it?"

"Brunch time." I smiled, ruffling his already unruly hair.

He stiffened and slid out from where he was placed in my lap, getting up and yawning. "Oh, sorry, I was really tired."

"It's fine. Want some food?" I asked, getting up to stretch.