22. Meet the Lewis'

Sorry for the long wait I've been so busy with college and working and I still haven't replaced the laptop that I lost so I've been out of a computer. I'll try and get better about updating but merry Christmas to all of you. Vote if you love the story.

Braced against Justin's apartment door, I squirmed beneath his onslaught of kisses, trying to get away. For three months all Justin and I have done is spent loads of time together and work on our projects. His is architecture, mine in health and livelihood. We've been helping each other and avoiding our main problem—Jace and Nicolette.

Nicolette comes once a month as usual and it seems like each time she comes to visit she gets more and more suspicious of Justin and me. I don't get why she even cares so much. Doesn't she have better things to do? She no longer does surveys, now she's a dog trainer. What she knows about dogs I don't know because I've never seen her with a single animal in my life. Next thing I know she'll be the next President of the United States.

"Justin, I'm going to be late to pick up my parents from the airport," I whined, holding him even tighter against me. Wow, way to be convincing.

He chuckled, his eyes bright. Since we've been together, he has been so happy and it makes me love him even more each time he smiles and each time he laughs. He's my everything.

"Mm, I won't let you be late," he mumbled as his lips trailed down the skin of my throat.

Before I could give in, my phone rang. I lifted it up as Justin continued to hold me and saw that it is Jace. What a disaster. I motioned for him to be quiet and he smiled deviously. Oh lord. I answered the call. "Hello?"

"Where have you been this week? I haven't run into you not even once and we live together! Kasey, I miss you please come home. I know you're busy with that log thing but I need you in my life. I have to talk to you."

"I know, Jace but I've been so--" I gasped as Justin's lips covered the skin of my throat. "B-busy," I stuttered.

"Are you okay? You sound funny."

"I'm fine," I replied, glaring down at a smiling Justin.

"Well are you going to come home?"

"Uh..." I trailed my eyes down to follow Justin's rain of kisses down my stomach to my navel.

"Yeah. Yeah! After I pick up my parents from the airport and spend some time with them." Oh goodness I am so distracted.

"Oh yeah! The Lewis' are in town how exciting! You can spend time with them here in the apartment."

"Nah, we have something planned but they will drop by to say hi to you."

"Oh, well then I'll see you later I guess." Her voice sounds so dead.

"Sure thing." I hung up. "Justin!" I whined as I pushed him off of me.

He chuckled deeply, his eyes filled with mischief. "What baby?" I checked my watch. "Babe, you're doing the thing."

I looked up at him and said, "Huh?"

"You're doing the thing you do when you get all panicky and then eventually fiddle with your hands. We've been working so hard on this. Relax, baby. You don't have to pick up your parents for another two whole hours you don't have to be there extremely early. Take a deep breath."

I took in a deep shudder of a breath and then let my arms fall limp at my sides. "Okay."

He smiled and kissed me in the middle of my forehead before taking my wrist and guiding me back to the bedroom. Whatever, who am I to complain?