1. Say You'll Move in With Me

Let me know what you think? It would mean a LOT. AND PLEASE VOTE ON THIS STORY. IT TAKES 2 SECONDS IF THAT.

                “Remember that time when you told me not to trust strangers, Jace?” I twisted the payphone’s wiring in my hands, biting on my lower lip.

                “…Yes? Oh God, what did you do, Kasey?” Jace groaned.

                Honestly, I’m really tired of disappointing Jace all of the time. I wish that I could be somewhat normal and not make a fool out of myself every single second of the day. I mean, I’m standing outside in the middle of nowhere in the only phone booth around here that surprisingly has a signal. Not only that, but it’s really hot here and I am not equipped for sweating, I have sensitive skin.

                “Um…well…This guy kind of…Well…I don’t know. HestoleallofmystuffandnowI’mstrandedoutinthemiddleofnowhere,” I blurted out.

                “Got damn it, Kasey! Where are you?”

                “Err…Marrrtttttttt.”

                A moment of silence and then, “You’re in Mart, Texas?”

                “Yes.”

                “You let a stranger take you out two hours from home, Kasey?” Jace’s voice was building up to the hysterical point where she yelled at me until I was in tears.

                “See, I can explain—”

                “YOU LET A STRANGER DRIVE YOU OUT TWO HOURS FROM HOME, KASEY?” It is official. She’s losing it. “GOT DAMN IT, KASEY!” The sound of fumbling around registered to me and then the jingling of keys and a door slamming. “That is freaking it! You are never allowed to go anywhere by yourself again. You are deemed incapable of taking care of yourself.”

                I frowned. “But I can take care of my—” A random guy ran up to the phone booth naked and rubbed his parts up against the glass of the booth. “Ah!” I screamed, shielding my eyes. I saw it. I saw it. Okay for a brief second but ew.

                “What’s wrong, Kasey? Oh my God, are you okay?” Jace panicked.

                I slid down the booth until I was in a squat, silently sobbing. “Jace, I’m so sorry that I’m an idiot. You’re right, I’m incapable of caring for myself outside of a school environment. I’m so scared and it’s boiling hot. Save. Me.”

                “I’m coming as fast as I can. Don’t die. You hear—”

                The line went dead. I looked down at the phone to see that the wiring was torn up. The. Freaking. Wiring. Tore. Up. My jaw fell slack and then I clutched the phone to my chest, sobbing. If only I wouldn’t have tried that man’s Mini Traveling Challenge. Now I’m going to die out here all alone and the crows will eat me. No! Not the crows!

                It all started when I wore my lucky good old stars and stripes socks for good luck today. Should have known good luck wasn’t real. I was walking on my way merrily out of this job interview that I swear I fisted in all the right holes and there was a man.

                But not just any kind of man, the bad kind of man…A con man. Yet, I had no way of knowing that this man was up to no good. Because don’t judge a book by its cover thing or whatever. He was tall and had this chester molester beard and some really weird tattoos but I wasn’t going to judge. He walked up to me, and smiled, and so I thought he was just a big ole teddy bear that needed love.