16. Define Us

I KNOW I KNOW IT'S BEEN TWO MONTHS BUT I WAS BUSY WITH COLLEGE AND A NEW JOB AND THEN MY COMPUTER BROKE AND NOW I HAVE TO GET A NEW ONE BUT I FINALLY FINISHED THIS CHAPTER. SO HERE IT IS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. SORRY FOR THE WAIT.

After a long moment of awkward staring, Justin shifted from his right leg to his left, clenching his hands tighter on his shopping bags. He narrowed his eyes and then relaxed, smiling.

"Hey, sis," he greeted. "I didn't expect to see you here so early."

I looked to Milly, watching as she rolled her eyes, placing her hands on her hips. "I texted you about a billion times. You're trying to tell me that you didn't receive not one of my text messages? Really?"

Justin shrugged. "I was busy."

Milly glared at him and he didn't waver his relaxed gaze. Slowly, she nodded and then slipped out her cellphone. "Fine, I'll just call mom and see if she can come have dinner with us tomorrow night. Wouldn't that be fun? She hasn't heard from us in a while so I figure—"

"No! Stop!" Justin ran over to her, placing a hand over hers and I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Oh, now you want to talk?" Milly challenged.

While blowing out a heavy breath, Justin frowned, changing his posture to a more defensive one. "What do you want, Milly?"

With a smile, Milly laid a hand on my arm. "I want to know why you've kept this glorious woman away from me for so long." She laughed and I let my body sag in relief.

"G-glorious?" he stuttered.

"Yes." Milly grabbed my arm, looping it with hers.

"You've known her for five seconds!" Justin scoffed.

Scowling, Milly said, "So? Are you going to invite us in or what?"

"I outta leave you out here. I was trying to spend time with this 'glorious woman' you speak of by myself. Now you're being a cockblocker."

"Oh, am I?" She let me go, crossing her arms.

Justin unlocked his door and walked inside. I followed him in and Milly did the same.

With a grin, Justin snorted. "Of course. You used to do it to me all the time back in highschool."

"Um, no. I kept you away from all the girls with STD's you stupid twatfuck!"

"Whoa, that's a new one. Standing ovation for that insult right there."

"Milly, your language!" I reprimanded.

Milly whipped her head around to me, her mouth agape. "Are you serious?"

"If you knew Kasey like you plan to, you'd know that she hates swearing. There are other words you could have chosen, dirty angel." At the sight of Milly's sour face, Justin threw back his head and laughed.

"Oh, you're enjoying this, aren't you? You're the absolute king of swearing, Justin, you have to be kidding me!"

"I would never cuss in front of Kasey, what are you talking about?" His face oozed perfect innocence, his green eyes alight with a childlike purity. Anyone could die for this face.

"I hate you." Milly plopped down onto the couch.

"Only because I'm a winner. So, are you going to leave now so I can spend time with Kasey or what?"