Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Forbidden

Pairing: Jesse x Aubrey/ Beca x Greg/ Chloe x Tom 

RATING:

"Mr and Mrs. Posen? Very nice to meet you!" Mr. Swanson asked. "Dad." Jesse uttered trying to calm his parents down. "Yes? You are..?" Mr. Posen asked. Jesse's parents stood up and shook hands with the Posens and introduced themselves. Aubrey was stunned, Jesse was in shock they failed to utter any word. "I'm Mrs. Swanson, this is my husband. We're Jesse's parents." she introduced excitedly. The Posens was a little bit curious, Aubrey and Jesse continued watching and remained unmoving. "Jesse...?" Mrs. Posen hanged the question. "Yes, Jesse, your daughter's boyfriend?" Mrs. Swanson added and smiled. The Posens were surprised with what they heard. "Aubrey? Is he the boyfriend you're referring to?" Mrs. Posen happily asked Aubrey. Aubrey was startled and widened her eyes and looked at Jesse. "Yes...Yes?" she answered unsurely and "I mean, yes." she added. "Woah? That is amazing. He seems to be a good guy!" Mr. Posen said to the Swansons as he smiled at Jesse. "Why didn't you told about further of these to us sweetie?" Mr. Posen asked his daughter. "She called me sweetie? and he is happy?" Aubrey told herself. Jesse stood up and wrapped his one arm over Aubrey's waist trying to enjoy the awkward pretension. "Well, Mr. Posen, I actually wanted to introduce my self personally before that." Jesse explained to save Aubrey from the question. She was nervous so she nodded and just smiled as a sign of agreement with what Jesse said.  

*cling cling* the bell rang, the mass is about to start. They all sat down. "Let's have a lunch together later at Nine Dragon, it's the Chinese restaurant nearby, okay?" Mr. Posen invited the Swansons. "Dad, you don't have to." Aubrey whispered. "It's fine sweetie, I'm happy for you." Mr. Posen replied and faced the priest. Aubrey felt worried about the pretension and how their parents are taking it seriously.

The mass was over their parents went to the auditorium for the seminar. "What the hell did just happened Jesse?" Aubrey sighed. Jesse failed to think of a statement appropriate to describe what just happened. Aubrey faced him and curled her face. "Jesse, I'm a bella and you're a treble and I took an oath and I will live by it!" Aubrey explained. Jesse felt sadness that despite of how beautiful they could be, how long he had been pursuing her, how they had kissed and how their parents liked each other, she's still thinking of the oath. "Can't you just forget about the oath, 

Aubrey?" Jesse said sadly. "I can't, and I won't-" Aubrey said until she saw sadness in Jesse's face. She shut her mouth for a while while waiting for Jesse to look at her. It took some time until he moved. "You don't really love me, do you?" Jesse said with sadness in his eyes. Aubrey kept her pride high and didn't say a word. "Don't worry, I'll make the best way to explain to them about us. That these are all a misunderstanding then you don't have to worry anymore." Jesse said. "Better." Aubrey replied and kept her ego. "You won't see me bugging you again after...*pause* the only wrong thing I did is I loved you so much." Jesse confessed and walked away. She felt guilty and wanted to stop him but she kept her ego.

*** 

The seminar was over. The Posens and the Swansons came out together from the auditorium. Jesse came to his parents and quickly said "I don't feel so fine right now." Mrs. Posen was worried. "How unfortunate, maybe you need some rest. Let's reschedule the dinner next time." she said. Aubrey was quite surprised with what Jesse did. She felt sad and disappointed but to see, she was the reason why Jesse did that.

To be continued.