Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Forbidden

Pairing: Aubrey x Jesse/Fat Amy x Bumper/Chloe x Tom/Donald x Stacie

RATING: G

"I think I'm going back to the table." Jesse told Aubrey. She smiled softly, she was still hoping he'd offer her a dance. "You should too." He added and turned back and began walking away from her. Aubrey felt rejected and just smiled and went to the table afterwards.

The party was almost done, half of the guests went home already and the others are about to go home. "Bye chicks!" Fat Amy told them with her strong Australian accent and went home with Cynthia Rose and Lily. Donald drove Stacie home. The venue was almost empty.

"Chloe." Aubrey called her. "Yes?" She responded sweetly. "Can I hop on your car? Because I went here with Uni... And he's not here." She asked. "Uh.. Bree, Beca will be coming with me and Tom, We'll be driving the other way, I'm afraid you can't." Chloe politely rejected her. "I think Jesse will be riding a cab, maybe you could go home together." Chloe suggested. Aubrey just nodded and smiled then Tom grabbed Chloe and Beca and invited them to go home. "Bye Bree!" Chloe said and pressed her cheeks against hers. "Take care home." Beca told Aubrey and winked. Then the three went home.

***

*rings*

Jesse: Mom?

Mom: Jesse baby, we can't go home today, according to the airlines, the plane had a problem and it would take for about two days before it'll be fixed.

Jesse: Is that so? Sure then, enjoy your Paris stay. Take care. Love you mom.

Mom: Love You too Jess.

***

"Jesse." Aubrey shyly called him from his back. He turned back and saw that it was Aubrey.

"Chloe told me you'll be going home alone." She began. "Yes? What's with it?" Jesse responded. "Hope you won't mind if we ride a cab together?" She requested shyly. Jesse raised his eyebrows a bit by surprise for a while. "Sure. But I have to fix these wirings first, can you wait?" He replied. Aubrey smiled because he didn't reject her. "Yes. Yes. So, I'll wait for you outside, okay?" Aubrey happily told him. He replied her with a smile and she walked outside and sat at a bench beside a street light post and waited for a while.

***

Jesse spent quite some time untangling the sound system wires and unplugging the long connections.

***

"Jesse?" Aubrey happily called after having a feeling that someone was around since they were the only ones at the place during that time. She looked back but no one was around. After a while she heard a sound behind the large cargo boxes beside the entrance door of the hall. Jesse has a lot of surprises she told herself. She stood up and silently walked towards the boxes to catch him.

"Boo!" She said but no one was behind the boxes. She was filled with confusion. She sneaked a bit further and saw nothing so she decided to go back to the bench but the moment she turned back she saw someone she least expected to see. She hardly gasped.