two // you give me something to think about that's not the shit in my head

--Chicago's P.O.V--

The moment Lilac parked the car, Caspian shot out of it like a bullet, not even looking in my direction. It hurt to think about my little brother not talking to me because I screwed up. Technically, Lilac screwed up by not keeping her mouth shut. Now I was paying the consequences.

"I'm sorry," Lilac told me as we walked across the courtyard.

I nodded. "I know you are and I know that you didn't mean to cause this."

Caspian was very bipolar, considering the fact that he has never been diagnosed as being bipolar, like my older brother, Eric. I was used to mood swings and I've learned that they didn't last long, but I still hated it when I was the cause of the mood change. He also certainly could hold a grudge.

I ran a hand through my bright red hair, my fingers getting caught on the many tangles that existed.

"Chicago Ariana Beaumont!" I grinned as my boyfriend, Garrett, rushed towards me, a grin on his face, a guitar stripped to his back.

He pecked me on the lips before wrapping his arm around my shoulders. His blonde hair was sticking up in every direction, the dark circles under his eyes were quite noticeable.

(Yes, he is casted as young Billie Joe Armstrong because I think nobody will understand my love for 1994 Billie Joe Armstrong.)

Lilac rolled her eyes at the both of us as she sat down on the cement bench that was in front of the school entrance. She pulled out her phone before starting to type.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" I asked, resting my head against Garrett's shoulder.

"When do I ever sleep?" He mumbled in my ear.

"Shouldn't the medicine be helping you at all? You are taking it, aren't you?"

Garrett rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, I haven't been taking it for a couple of weeks."

"Garrett Thomas!" I scolded. "You need to keep up on it. Don't you want to sleep?"

Luckily, my boyfriend was saved from my anger by one of my friends, Kailyn, shouting Lilac and I's names.

I heard Garrett out a sigh of relief.

"This conversation isn't over," I promised him as I hurried over to Lilac, who was already talking to Kailyn.

"Chicago, we have two new kids!" She exclaimed once I was within earshot. "We never get new kids. This is so exciting!"

Lilac rolled her eyes. "I'm sure it's exciting for them too. So what do these new kids look like? You obviously wouldn't act like this if they weren't attractive."

Kailyn smirked. "You'll have to wait until you run into them yourselves. My descriptions wouldn't do them justice."

She paused for a moment before continuing. "Besides, I think one of them already has a girlfriend."

I sat down next to Lilac, crossing my arms. "Who's he dating? Wait, we are talking about a guy, right?"

Kailyn nodded. "Yeah, we are talking about a boy."

"Okay, I was just making sure. I don't want to assume anything," I responded.

I was weird about assuming stuff because usually when I did I was wrong.

"He's dating Elodie Blanchard," Kailyn told us.

My mouth dropped open. "It's his first day and Elodie has already dug her claws into him?"