fifteen // few more of your least favorite things

--Chicago's P.O.V--

Josh suggested that we hang out after school today since that was required for the sociology project and he was only free two days this week. I didn't object, but I did tell him that I had to go visit Garrett before I went on to drive to his house.

Garrett was terribly tired when I walked into his room. His arms were still bandaged up and his eyes constantly drooped. My visit only lasted for five minutes because I knew he didn't want to talk, but that five minutes consisted of me stroking his hair and whispering that I loved him. He ended up falling asleep as soon as I started softly tracing his facial features. I knew he wasn't going to sleep for long, but at least he was getting a little bit.

Mrs. Thomas practically begged me to spend the night, knowing that I helped her son sleep. I told her that I would love to, but my parents definitely wouldn't let me. It took them forever to agree to letting me go to Josh's and that was for a school project.

Mrs. Thomas said that she would call and talk to Summer and see what she could do while I was at Josh's. Either way, I was going to stop by once again by the end of the night.

Josh's house was quite easy to find because he only lived maybe a block from Lilac, which was quite convenient for me. I climbed out of Christian's car and hurried up the walkway to knock on Josh's door. His house was very normal for a suburb. It looked exactly like all the other ones.

Josh answered the door on the first knock, gesturing for me to step inside. I rolled my eyes as he closed the door behind me. "Welcome to my home, Chicago Beaumont. Hope you enjoy it."

His house was quite big, not as big as mine was, but still a decent size for a family that didn't have nine kids. He lead me into the living room and where I plopped down onto a white couch that was positioned in front of a flat screen TV. Mario Kart was flashing across the screen.

"Do you want something to drink?" Josh asked. "My house has pretty much everything, considering the fact that my brother's a pig."

I shook my head at his offer as he sat down beside me. "You have a brother?"

Josh nodded. "One brother and two sisters. Jordan, Ashley, and Abigail. How many siblings do you have? You obviously have a lot."

"You have no idea, Joshua," I chuckled. "I have nine siblings. One sister and eight brothers. Harper, Christian, Hugo, Micah, Jonah, Noah, Caspian, Denahi, and Eric. Believe me, I lived with all of my siblings at one time, but now I'm still stuck with seven boys."

"No wonder you are such a smartass," Josh remarked. "You probably have to be living with eight boys who probably try to annoy you as much as possible."

Living with all my brothers was terrible, but not as bad as everyone thought when they found out that I'm the only girl out of seven boys left at home. Most of my brothers just kept to themselves unless they randomly decided to bother me because they were bored beyond belief.

"This sociology project honestly makes zero sense to me," Josh said, breaking the silence.

I shrugged. "I understand why she assigned it. It's a social experiment. Developing feelings for someone or dating someone is human nature. If you hang out with someone so often, you are bound to develop something for them. That's how Garrett and I ended up together."

"Besides, this whole project is anonymous. It's not like everyone has to step up in front of the class and announce what happened between them and their partner. For example, let's say you and I had a heated moment that we couldn't stop or control, the next day we wouldn't have to stand up and tell everyone."