seven // ignorance is your new best friend

--Aiden's P.O.V-- (Only for a tiny bit) 

I felt bad that I chose to leave Chicago by herself to deal with her parents, but neither of them liked me, so I was sure I wouldn't be of much help either way. However, I still should have stayed where at least she knew someone was on her side. 

She texted me around nine last night from Garrett's phone and said that she would tell me what was going tomorrow, but this was the last time for awhile that she would be able to text. Obviously her parents took away her phone , but I didn't know how she was with Garrett if she was grounded, but I learned over the years to not ask questions. 

I slid my green beats under my neck as I waited for at least one of my friends to show up. Or maybe even someone that I was slightly comfortable with. Lilac was always late, Kailyn came in with the bus riders five minutes before we were dismissed to class, and Chicago was either really early or really late. I never remembered her being on time to anything unless it was really important.  

I was sitting in a corner next to the entrance, trying not to be noticed by anyone that I didn't want to be noticed by. By that, I meant Elodie, who was sitting across the room from me and with a group of her giggly and annoying friends. There were also a few band geeks sitting in another corner, but I didn't exactly know any of them. 

I looked down at my lap to change the song on my iPod before looking back up in utter amazement. 

Chicago and Garrett were just now walking in the door, looking quite different than they did yesterday. 

Yesterday, Garrett was a platinum blonde. I had never seen him with another color, but I guess there was a first time for everything. His hair was now jet black and it honestly made him look even more tired than he already did. It didn't look horrible either. It actually looked natural on him. 

Chicago's change was also very shocking. Her normal bright red hair was now split down the middle. The right side of her long hair was now bright pink and the left side was bright orange. 

Elodie's jaw dropped open and Chicago must have seen it to because she smiled. 

"Hey, Elodie, like my new hair? It's very out there. If anybody turns to copy me, everyone will obviously know." 

--Chicago's P.O.V--

"What happened to you guys?" Aiden asked, a shock of amazement on his face as we sat down next to him. 

Garrett smiled fondly at me. "Chicago felt like going through a rebellious stage, so I drove her downtown last night and we both decided to change our look up. However, she didn't want to go home last night, so she spent the night with me and her parents are probably frantic."

Aiden raised his eyebrows at me. "Do you mean spend the night or spend the night?" 

Garrett grinned. "Spend the night."

I hit him in the chest. "Don't listen to him, Aiden. I slept on the couch." 

Aiden gave me a look of doubt and I sighed. "Fine, for the most part I slept on the couch, however, I did sleep in his bed with him for like two hours until his mom walked in." 

Garrett cleared his throat. "I would like to correct that. I did happen to fall asleep in the same bed as Chicago. That is true, but it wasn't for two hours. More like an hour and a half and then I slept for like half an hour to an hour after she moved to the couch. I've been up ever since."

My boyfriend's sleeping patterns were getting much worse and I wish I knew how to fix them. His dark circles were getting more visible and his eyes were sinking even deeper into his face. He just needed to take his medication.