Diamonds In The Sky - Well, I Was Wrong About Normalcy (Chapter 5)

Well, I Was Wrong About Normalcy

It was Tuesday morning and I was in the school parking lot smiling to myself like an idiot. Why? Yesterday had not been so bad. Some places where I went, I was attacked - by students and werewolves. I can’t say that I blame the werewolves, they would only attack if they saw me as a threat. And when you keep to yourself and shut out the packs around you, well, they might think you are up to something.

I locked my car and made my way into school as my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Lilith:

Hurry up! X

Lilith had no patience whatsoever, which made me chuckle.

I didn’t bother replying as I walked to my locker, deciding I would see her inside. Thankfully, I had bought my school supplies and was ready for the day with my pens and papers and book bag. Inside my locker, I grabbed my books for my first class and made way to Lilith’s locker.

“You didn’t reply,” she fake frowned, “I am so hurt.”

“I’ll make it up to you, we can hang out this weekend at my place. All the food you can eat!” I smiled.

“I like the sound of that!” she agreed.

“Wait, where do you live? I forgot to ask you the other day,” she asked.

“It’s not far from school, you know that green two story-”

She cut me off, “That place is adorable!”

“That's why I bought it,” I winked at her and let out a laugh.

We walked a bit, looking for Daniel when she stopped and looked at me.

“Wait, you bought it?” she looked partly confused.

“Yes, I bought it,” I answered.

“But-” she stopped and thought for a bit, “So, you don’t live with your parents?”

“Yes,” I stated.

“Oh-” she paused again, “Nevermind, you’ll tell me when you want to.”

I smiled at her, “Thank you for not prying into my business.”

“Though I do not pry, I really want to know,” she admitted.

I shrugged my shoulders, “Be patient, my dear Lily.”

In return she shook her head at the “be patient” comment.

Though I liked Lilith a lot, I would not open up so easily. What else would you expect? After being isolated for so long, I would not just spill everything to the first human that showed me a bit of affection. Trust had to be earned, and from me, who knew how long that would take.

Maybe in due time Lilith would know, but not right now. I had only been here since Sunday for godsake.

I knew I wouldn’t tell Lilith about me being a werewolf, and definitely not about me being one of the most powerful beings of our kind, but I could tell her about what happened to my family. I would just have to tweak it a bit.

It was against one of our universal laws to tell a human about our kind. Though you could try and believe that you can trust the human, humans are very fickle. The only exception to telling a human what we were is if they were your soul mate, which did not happen often.

If our kind was exposed, the royal packs would be called together. A kind of court was held for the one who let our secret slip. The Royal Packs consisted of the Luckett Pack, the Dermott Pack, the Ramseyer Pack, the Bennett Pack, the Wright Pack, and finally, the Diamond Pack. The Royal Packs would join together and give the punishment that fit best. Yes, some did lead to death which caused a riot with the pack from which the guilt party resided. Others were less dramatic.