Diamonds In The Sky - Why Don't I Like The Sound Of That (Chapter 8)

Why Don't I Like The Sound Of That

Thursday morning, Thursday morning, I muttered in my head, just barely Thursday morning.

I was a bit baffled that it was only Thursday morning. I had only arrived on Sunday, about four days ago, and the chain of events that had happened made it seem so much longer. In the past couple of days I had coming out from hiding, made friends, called the Royal Packs together, found out a vampire was in town, spoke to my best friend since birth that thought I was dead. I was in disbelief that those events had happened so quickly in the past days. I knew making myself known again would be hectic, but never did I think it would happen so quickly. But it did, and my kind was rejoicing with my return.

I had no pack though. I stayed in Riverdale but I would not join Matthew Reilly’s pack. It was not that I did not like them, because I liked them all very much in fact. But, with my responsibilities I could not just join any pack all willy nilly. Secretly I hoped to find my mate soon, so I could join his pack and live in happiness.

It was known that as the daughter of the Diamonds, I would take over my father’s pack when the time came. My mate would, in turn, become the Alpha of the Diamond Pack. It was also known that at the hand of fate my mate would be powerful, the perfect leader to be beside me during life.

My heart sank a bit for not finding my mate, I had plenty of time to find him but I would rather much spend the time being with him instead of looking for him. There was a part of my heart that longed for a mate every second of the day, my inner wolf restless and impatient.

I sprang up from my bed and started getting ready as I continued my thoughts.

Everything was coming together so quickly. Could I balance my normal life, my werewolf responsibilities, fighting a war, and finding my mate all at the same time? I chuckled, You sure can, you are Viola Diamond after all. Look how far you’ve come despite everything.

A part of me was filled with doubt and thought that it would all fall apart. That it was too much for just one person. My inner wolf shut that part of me off, filling me with courage.

I continued my way to school and went to Lilith's locker. Daniel eyed me curiously as I approached him.

“I heard you were having a Girl’s Night without me,” he stated with fake sorrow in his eyes.

I laughed so hard at his expression. “Yes, Girl’s Night as in girls only. Unless you want to let me in on your little secret,” I winked.

“What little secret?” he asked confused not knowing that he had made it so easy for me to tease him.

“That you’re actually a woman,” I stated with wide eyes and a serious tone.

He looked horrified, then the puzzle pieces clicked in his head, “I should’ve seen that comin’.”

“Too easy, too easy,” I chuckled, “I need more of a challenge.”

“Challenge?” Lilith asked as she stood next to me.

I turned to her, “You’re boyfriend here is actually a-”

“Shut up!” he yelled overdramatically, “I was kidding!”

“But I am still sad that you won’t invite me to your Girl’s Night,” he added with a frown.

Lilith broke into hysterical laughter as she knew what I was going to say before Daniel cut me off. “Daniel, baby,” she said as her laughter died down, “You can come if you want.”

Daniel immediately perked up, “No thanks, I have football practice this weekend.”

Lilith and I both hit him on the shoulder, my hit being harder than I expected. He groaned at the hits just given to him and muttered, “You guys are so mean.”