Diamonds In The Sky - Taken (Chapter 16)

Taken

“Never speak of Saturday to anyone but those who were there!” Lilith pleaded as I approached her locker on that following Monday morning.

“Mums the word,” I said and pretended to zip up my lips and throw away the key. “And honestly, anyone else would have been terrified too. I’ll admit, for a second there I was kind of scared,” I added with a shrug.

“But you were the one clutching onto people for your life!” she groaned as she opened her locker to take out some things.

“Now that was a bit funny,” I said with a small laugh.

She shrugged as she slammed her locker shut, “Like I said, to no one but the group.”

“Don’t be so glum, chum!” I quoted Lilith from the little party we had and she let out a chuckle. At least she hadn’t been so far gone to not remember what happened.

“That night was fun though,” she smiled at me.

Daniel was nearing us as Lilith turned around. He smiled at her and kissed her on the lips in the sweetest way.

“Great party on Saturday, Vee,” he high-fived me.

“I’m sure everyone will be talking about that wild night,” I said half-sarcastically.

“And, you, I promise to keep you safe from the big scary ghost,” he talked in a baby voice as he hugged Lilith.

“Hey! You were just as scared as I was!” she argued as she squirmed out of his arms.

“I am a man, and men don’t get scared,” he stated in a deep voice while puffing out his chest.

“The only way you and ‘man’ go together in the same sentence is if there is a ‘wo’ in front of it,” I smirked at him and he fake frowned. Lilith smirked at Daniel as she high-fived me while letting out a “Go Viola!”.

“I will get you back for that,” Daniel said seriously with a nod.

“I am so scared,” I teased.

We all broke into laughter as we walked around the school since we had nothing to do. It was a Monday morning, but I felt refreshed and ready to start the day as opposed to groggy and tired as any normal teenager would feel. But there was one thing I dreaded today. Let me give you a hint: it starts with a C.

Claude, I thought as his smell filled my entire body.

I fought the urge to look at him, to look in the way his scent was coming from. I kept walking with Lilith and Daniel, ignoring his presence in the distance. I laughed at someone stupid joke Daniel had blurted out and I could feel his blue orbs on me as we trailed off. He had completely played me at the dance, and I would return the favor. My plan was simple, ignore him no matter how hard it would be. I highly doubted he would come up to me to apologize, or even speak to me in any way, but I planned not to meet his blue eyes, or look his way.

We were far away from him once the bell rang, and I was quite thankful. Lilith and I went to first period, his scent lingering in the air but not strong enough to indicate that he was near. The entire class period was spent with me doodling. I hadn’t really drawn or painted in a long time, just mainly doodles but nothing serious. I had found joy in art but never really did it anymore.

Lilith would glance over at my doodles and tell me that she wished she could even draw a stick figure. I told her I could try and teach her to draw if she’d like, but she declined saying not even an art teacher could help her.

Second period was the same, just me doodling. My mind was somewhere else despite me being refreshed and ready to start the day. My mind would wander, not wanting to pay attention to what the lesson was on and what the teacher was saying. I would get lost in my simple doodles of the woods, flowers, and the sky.