Diamonds In The Sky - Diamond History (Chapter 32)

Diamond History

I sat on the blacony in my room, overlooking the mystical forest that surrounded the Vampire Kingdom. The long white curtains flapped along with the wind, the only sound I could hear without straining my ears. It was around nearing night, as the sun began to set on the castle.

I looked back at the thick green book in my lap as the warm rays of sun hit my skin. This book was the one that seemed familiar to the Greek book John, Rebecca’s husband, had when he explained the surface meaning of the prophecy. The book I now had in my lap held the hidden meaning of the prophecy.

After Claude had left me in my room to “rest”, I began to read through the pages trying to soak up all the information I could. I know I said I would put all my attention on the war right now, but curiousity annoyed my head. After all, what else would I do in a castle that was unfamiliar to me and filled with vampires? Now seemed as a good time as ever to pull out my family’s books to at least try and understand the prophecy - even if it wasn’t real.

I had spent the last couple of hours reading my family’s history written in this heavy book. Yet, some of the puzzle pieces still didn’t fit. I knew that deep in my soul this prophecy had to mean something, I couldn’t just ignore it or put it aside.

My mind wandered to the old witch who I had come across in the Diamond Forest back in my old home. She had told me that she knew I had to figure this all out on my own, and that my mother had trusted her to put a spell on all our secret hiding places. It was obvious that this prophecy was important to my mother, my entire bloodline even.

I had yet to read my father’s journal, or whatever it actually was, it just seemed like a journal to me. Right now, my mind was still processing the information I had gathered in the green book.

Remember how John had said that everything in the prophecy was somehow connected, that the origins of it mattered and so on? Well, he was right. I had learned that the city, Lykoreia, that was rebuilt after another city that Parnassus was leader of and flooded, was connected to all werewolf history - and specifically my family.

Lykoreia meant “the howling of the wolves” in Greek, it also was the birthplace of all werewolf species. The Greek Gods came into play with the first werewolf ever made, the story went like this: The first werewolf was turned because the god Lykaon could not control his urges when he himself turned into a wolf after feeding the god Zues human flesh. This all took place in Lykoreia, which stood on Mount Parnassus, neat Delphi where the Pythia herself stayed for the god Apollo.

None of this was coinicidence.

The same werewolf changed by the god Lykaon couldn’t control his urges as well, biting more people and turning them. After some time, he realized what he was and what he had done and tried to make up for it by helping the others and starting the first werewolf pack. You can pretty much guess where it goes from here, mating, some accidental bites, werewolf population increases, etc etc.

Werewolves all originated from Greece, specifically Mount Parnasuss. I don’t know if you remember or not, but the entire mountain itself was connected to the god Apollo. The Pythia herself is the oracle of Apollo, remember how she told prophecises and was well respected? Apollo is also known as the god of truth and prophecy.

My ancestor went to the Pythia herself. My ancestor, it doesn’t say their name in the book, was the first to be born a werewolf starting the strong line of Diamond blood. My ancestor’s parents were both biten, mated, and produced one of the first full-blooded werewolves. Back to the point, she went to the Pythia for a prophecy of what was to come in her life. Imagine her surprise when she got a prophecy foretelling great loss and bloodshed. The Pythia warned her to be careful, but she also noted that it wouldn’t be her to suffer from this prophecy, but one of her bloodline instead. My ancestor kept the prophecy and passed it down the Diamond family, warning of what to come. No one knew when the prophecy would unfold.