Diamonds In The Sky - Stars (Chapter 40)

"You drool in your sleep," A faint voice chuckled near my ear.

I nuzzled my head against something and mumbled, "Okay, sleep."

"It's 10am," The voice sang, "Don't you want some breakfast?"

"Shhh," I muttered as I reached out my hand and touched someone's face. I found their lips and placed my hand over them, sending a small jolt of familiar electricity through me.

"Come on," The voice chuckled, his chest vibrating.

"Sleep," I whispered again as I buried my face into his bare chest. He smelled sweet and natural, completely hypnotizing. His muscular arms wrapped around my body as I lay my head on his toned, cold chest. I smacked my lips together while I still kept my eyes closed, hoping to get more sleep because, for some reason, I was exhausted.

"I have the entire day planned," His voice sang lightly, "Get up, sleepyhead."

I opened one of my eyes tiredly and let out a big yawn. I began to stretch and accidentally hit someone's jaw. A giggle escaped my lips as I turned to see Claude's blue pools filled with amusement and annoyance. "That's what you get for waking me up," I mumbled with a smile.

"I'm starting to think those aren't accidents," He chuckled, a grin spreading on his face.

"You may never know," I winked.

I licked my dry lips and lay back down on Claude's comforting chest. I ran my fingers up and down his chest while Claude let out a short chuckle. He ran his hand through my messy morning hair, putting some of it out of my face.

"Why are you so quick to get up today, hm?" I asked softly as I looked up to him, "Why don't we just stay in bed all day, that sounds quiet fine by me."

"Because I have today planned, love," He smiled.

"What exactly could you have planned if we can't leave this house?" I joked.

"You're talking about Claude Backmore," He winked, "Don't underestimate me, love."

"And what if I do? You're going to throw me in the dungeon?! Oh my!" I exclaimed sarcastically.

"I could throw you out if this bed if I wanted to," He scoffed with a smile.

"Do it," I challenged.

He raised an eyebrow, "Really, Viola? You really want me to throw you out of this bed?"

"What," I sweetly said, "are you chicken?"

"Viola," Claude muttered.

"Chicken!"

"Seriously-"

"CHICKEN."

Instantly, I was flying in the air, across Claude's room. And almost as quickly, I fell into someone's strong arms.

I looked up to Claude who had this smug look on his face. He was carrying me bridal style, my hair messy from being thrown across the room. Claude, on the other hand, looked handsome as ever - even though he just got out of bed. He was only in boxers, I in one of his t-shirts and shorts. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and starting laughing. Claude looked down at me with a sort of confused look but then he joined in with my laughter. After the laughter died down, I looked up and smiled at him, examining every inch of his face so I would never forget it. I didn't want to forget how his skin felt against mine, how our lips somehow managed to fit perfectly together. I didn't want to forget the sound of his laugh or how his lip would sometime twitch when he was annoyed. I didn't want to forget how we would roll around under the sheets laughing like maniacs while we tickled each other. I didn't want to forget Claude Blackmore and how close we had gotten over the past couple of days.