Diamonds In The Sky - Death Gets The Message Through (Chapter 42)

Death Gets The Message Through

I nuzzled my head against Claude’s bare chest, our naked bodies wrapped together under the white sheets of my bed. The cold vibrating off of his skin cooled my flesh. I could hear his soft breaths in and out as his chest rose up and down - the faint sound of a heartbeat masked by it. A small smile found its way to my face as the events of yesterday night replayed in my head.

It felt so right, the way Claude seemed to kiss me in all the right places, the way he knew exactly how to handle me and push my buttons in the right way - the way he was gentle and absolutely loving. Now everything was different, everything felt different. And everything felt finally felt right.

I glanced up, meeting his small smirk and hypnotizing blue, endless swirls. I licked my lips hungrily and leaned up to greet his soft lips. Outside, the sun was beginning to rise on the Blackmore Estate as the cool, fresh morning air danced with the balcony door curtains.

“Hi,” I whispered against Claude’s lips, a small grin spread on my lips.

“Hi right back at you,” He breathed with a smile of his own.

I giggled slightly as my eyes ran over the lipstick smeared on Claude’s neck, cheek, and chest. “What’s so funny, eh?” He softly chuckled as I lay my head down to his.

“My lipstick goes so well with your skin tone,” I joked as I wiped off the lipstick with my finger, “I think you wear it even better than I do.”

He raised his eyebrows as a laugh escaped his lips. I gazed at him with the upmost astonishment. My entire body seemed more aware of Claude, the way his soft skin tingled mine whenever we came in contact, the sound of his soft breathing, his deep chuckle - everything was intensified. I felt more at peace with myself as well; there was no way to describe it, honestly. It felt as if I had spent my entire life in this foggy haze and everything had suddenly became this clear sunlit day.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked as his eyes locked with mine.

“You are the most beautiful woman that I have ever come across,” He answered, “And no one has ever made me feel the way you do.”

“Were you really thinking that, or did you just make it up on the spot?” I chuckled as he stroked my cheek with his thumb.

His smile faded as a thought entered his mind, but quickly reappeared as he searched my face. “How did I ever get so lucky as to be your first lover?” He whispered full of amazement.

I bit my lip as my smile slightly grew. I leaned in close to him, our lips hovering near each other. I leaned in slightly and whispered, “I think I might’ve been a little drunk, to be honest.”

I pulled back from Claude and innocently had a little laugh. Claude shook his head slightly as a chuckle left his lips. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to his body, “Oh really now?”

Before I had time to respond, his fingers were tickling my sides and I was erupting with laughs. “Stop-” I giggled, “Someone’s going to hear!”

“Oh right!” He loudly whispered as he pulled me in close to him again, “Shhh!”

I bit my lip trying to stifle my laughter. Claude leaned in and kissed my nose, sending a small jolt of electricity through my nerves. As he pulled away, a small grunt floated through my ears - it seemed as if the noise had been close, but far away at the same time. I furrowed my brows, a dreaded feeling entering my gut.

“What’s-”

“Shh,” I cut off Claude as I tried to listen for any noise.

I quickly looked back at the open balcony door and to Claude who had worry etched on his face. Suddenly, I unwrapped myself from Claude and began to put on some clothing.