Diamonds In The Sky - Greek Mythology (Chapter 22)

Greek Mythology

“Hey,” I smiled as I approached Matt who was standing in front of the school as the last bell rang.

He looked at me a bit surprised and grinned, “Hey, Viola.”

“So,” I spoke a bit embarrassed and looked to the ground, “about that date offer-”

“Hey, no worries,” he cut me off, “It’s okay.”

“Actually,” I began again, “I would love to.”

I met his eyes and he smiled intensely. A small blush creeped up on his light tanned face and I smiled. This entire thing felt so wrong though. Despite me smiling, my insides were churning in all the wrong ways. My heart twisted making itself ache as my inner wolf growled in distaste.

Not to mention, this would be my first real date.

Yes, I have never been on a real date before. There was this one time with Sanders, but that was just fun and games. This one was real and I honestly didn’t know if I wanted it to be with Matt.

“How about later today?” he grinned at me.

“Oh,” I thought about dinner with Rebecca, “I have plans around six-ish.”

“No problem,” he smiled, “I’ll just take you out for some ice cream, no need to make this a big fuss.”

“Okay,” I smiled.

“I’ll pick you up around four, yeah?”

“That’ll be great,” I said with a small smile as I began to walk to my car.

“Hey Vee,” Matt called out, “Where do you live?!”

A laugh left my lips, “The adorable green house!”

I left and got home in a rush as I was freaking out. I was nervous about this date, being my first and all even if we were going for ice cream, and I was feeling guilty. It wasn’t like me to do something like this. Why was I even going out with him if I held no interest in him? Oh yeah, because stupid Claude had to go and be stupid and say stupid things and not care.

Stupid, I muttered in my mind.

I collapsed on my bed with a groan. The guilt was eating me away and I felt horrible. I didn’t want to get Matt’s hopes up for a second date, hell, I shouldn’t have even accepted the first date. He even said it was fine! I had to go and be stupid just like Claude.

I stared at the ceiling as all my thoughts crashed together. With a groan, I threw my hands to my face and covered it. Suddenly, I shot up with an idea.

“Just cancel it!” I smiled.

Wait, I continued in my thoughts, that’s just as mean. I already got his hopes up for one date. ARG!

I lay back down on my bed in frustration. I could just go on the date and tell him I just want to be friends, right? Yeah, that’s what I will do.

I smiled with satisfaction. Suddenly, I shot up again with another thought. What exactly was I going to wear? And what exactly happens on dates? All I ever knew was what I watched from movies and that somehow always ended in kissing. I did not want to kiss Matt, no offence to him, because I had no desire for it.

I got up and walked to my closet. I glanced down at my clothes, just jeans, my boots, and a shirt. Was I supposed to dress nicely to go out for ice cream? I furrowed my brows as I looked through my clothes like a madman.

“Girls always dress pretty for dates,” I spoke out loud, “What do I have that is ‘pretty’?”

I turned my head to look out the window at the weather. It was sunny but the wind was still a bit cold, and only going to get colder as the night goes on. I turned back to my closet and searched through my clothes.