Diamonds In The Sky - Emerson Ramseyer (Chapter 36) Part One

Emerson Ramseyer (Part One)

"Viola?" a soft voice called to me, "Oh, dear, wake up."

"Five more minutes, Kristen," I mumbled, feeling a bit of drool begin to form at the corner of my lips.

"Viola, it's Rose," the same voice giggled.

"Rose? Who's Rose?" I mumbled, my tired eyes still closed.

"Oh silly you!" the voice giggled again, "RoseMarie Blackmore!"

"RoseMar-"

Oh, I instantly thought to myself as my eyes shot open, shit.

I sat up and fixed my hair with my hands, looking flustered. Rose was standing in my bedroom at 6am on a Saturday, more importantly she looked as if she were about to go meet the president. Her hair was wrapped into a tight bun, showing her face and her perfect bone structure. She wore a black pencil skirt with a white blouse, black heels sitting on her feet.

Rose giggled again, looking to the side and then back to me. "Dear," she pointed to her mouth and pretended to wipe it. I sat there even more confused, if possible.

"You have a little-"

I stopped her before she could continue, remembering the drool I had felt moments earlier in my sleep. I hastily wiped it as my cheeks turned a bright pink, causing Rose to let out a chuckle.

"I hope you don't mind my asking," I began to say once the embarrassment washed away from me, "Why are you in my room so early, Rose?"

"Oh, sorry, I shouldn't have intruded!" Rose exclaimed, her eyes widening a bit.

I smiled at her, "It's fine. We could have done without the whole drool situation, but it's fine."

She giggled and quickly recomposed herself, "Ah, well, yes. Oh, I just came to say goodbye! Remember that Alexandre and I are going to be gone for the week, along with the maids and all?"

"It's Saturday already? Time flies by so quickly," I mumbled to myself.

Rose threw a smile my way, "Well, Alexandre left yesterday after our little meeting, needing to do god knows what. So, Claude is going to take me to the airport right now. I just wanted to give you a heads-up just in case you woke up and found that no one was home!"

"Wait, everyone is leaving right now?" I asked, wondering if I would see Kristen before she left.

"Ah, don't worry I'm sure Kristen will stop by and say goodbye," Rose said matter-of-factly.

"Speaking of which..." Rose trailed off.

Soon after, the door opened showing Kristen. Her face paled, even though she was pale as can be already, once she saw Rose. You could easily see the shock in her face as she began to speak.

"O - oh, Mrs. Blackmore, I - I didn't know you were in here. My apologies!" she stuttered, frozen in her spot.

"Oh that's no problem," Rose sweetly spoke, "I was just leaving either way."

"Viola, try not to get into too much trouble," Rose turned to me with a motherly glance, "We'll be back the day of the ball, along with everyone else. Keep safe, dear."

"Goodbye you two, I must be off before Claude gets even more impatient," Rose chuckled to herself, exiting my bedroom as Kristen curtsied to her.

I threw my sheets off of me and stood on my feet, curiously glancing at Kristen who still stood frozen in her spot. I raised an eyebrow at her in a questioning way. After a couple of seconds, Kristen turned her head to look down the hallway - I'm assuming she was looking to see if Rose was gone. In a flash, the bedroom door was closed and Kristen held me in a warm embrace.