Diamonds In The Sky - The Diamond Diary (Chapter 34)

The Diamond Diary

I licked my finger and turned the page of the brown diary in my hands. So deep in thought, I hadn't known how much time had passed by. I seemed to be doing that often in the Blackmore's home, just getting lost in everything. Now, I was lost in my father's diary - the one I had found in the Diamond forest - my home. I was just on the first page, but I had spent god knows how much time reading that first page over and over again. I couldn't understand it, more so I didn't want to understand it. I didn't want to believe what my father had written on the first page because then everything I knew would come crashing down on me.

It was Wednesday morning, I couldn't sleep so I decided to finally read my father's diary. I was hesitant at first because I knew this would possibly answer some of my questions about the prophecy, and by the looks of the first page, I was correct. Yesterday, after I ran off from Claude being too stubborn to let him help me, I actually found my way back to my room. But, that was the last time I saw Claude that day.

I hadn't seen much of Claude, like really see him. It felt odd not having him randomly show up in my room like he did at home, but then again we were in his home - his kingdom. I had said I wanted to be careful and keep a safe distance from him and now I was regretting it.

Back to the point, yesterday had gone smoothly aside from meeting Alexandre in one of the worst ways possible. I hadn't even told Claude about that yet, but I'm sure he would have a chuckle out of that. The only person I would really talk to around here was Kristen, and boy was I thankful for that or else I probably would have gone mad by now.

Kristen was a nice, funny person. I loved having her company and she enjoyed mine as well. I had yet  to really know about Kristen and her life - just as I had yet to find out about Claude's real life - but for now, I didn't mind. It was better not to get attached to Kristen since I would be leaving soon, after the Thanksgiving Ball.

Speaking of which, no one had spoken to me about it. I was rather confused on everything happening on that day. But, I just assumed in due time that the subject would be brought up by Kristen, Claude, or even Rose.

But, for now, none of that was on my mind as I sat on my balcony. The stars glowed on the black cloth, twinkling ever so brightly. The crescent moon was barely there, as it tried to out shine the stars but failed miserably. A cool breeze tickled my skin as I gazed at the forrest surrounding the castle. Flashes of dim light would spark here and there, making the forest seem not so mysterious and deadly.

My eyes wandered down to the page that had my father's scribbled handwriting. A wave of emotions crashed onto me. Here I was, lonely, on a balcony at 3 in the morning just wanting someone to wake me up and tell me that nothing was real, that none of it happened.

September 1st, 1990

I need to prepare for anything that may happen to my wife, my daughter, and my pack - my family. I have decided to start this journal just in case. Viola, darling little Viola, if you are reading this, I am so sorry. Your mother and I loved you very much, we love you very, very much. You are our little star, we always knew you were special. We're always here for you, no matter what has happened, no matter what will happen, no matter who you love - we will always be proud of you. No matter where you go, we'll always be there right beside you. In this journal you will fall deep into a hole, there are secrets that our family has kept for centuries. There are probably many things that are confusing you, dear. Don't worry, even though we are gone, everything will be okay.

Everything will be okay in the end

-Ven Diamond

"You couldn't have known," I whispered quietly, "You couldn't have known you were going to die."